Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto wins, is he PICKING ON SMALL FIGHTERS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    But when was the last time he looked soft like he did against Mayweather? He practicly had a spare tire around his gut.

and that was the reason, he was only able to land 12% of his punches?

let me get this correct...Marquez is too fat to fight Mayweather @ 144lbs but isnt too fat to fight Pac@ 140lbs?

Comment

I swear I don't know is a worse poser between Jiddu Dali, Horus, Mr. President, Pacdbest, and Klitschko2009. They have an epic battle going

Comment

Originally posted by Jiddu Dali View Post

let me get this correct...Marquez is too fat to fight Mayweather @ 144lbs but isnt too fat to fight Pac@ 140lbs?

You need to make a thread with this statement, how can anyone justify that without sounding like an idiot. Some on this board have no posting dignity, why try and rationalize a dumb argument, makes you look bad.

Comment

his best weight at this point is 135. Pac would murder him at 140.

Comment

It was a major contributing factor, no doubt. ANYBODY who has fought before can tell you that excess weight affects speed, reaction time and endurance. Combine that with having to fight a naturally larger for for the first time and things probably arent going to go well. at 36 years of age Marquez body had no time to adjust in the jump in weight.

I never said that, did I? Marquez will lose to Pac at 140 too. Its obvious his body can't handle the jump in weight just by watching his fights with Casa, Diaz and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I never said that, did I? Marquez will lose to Pac at 140 too. Its obvious his body can't handle the jump in weight just by watching his fights with Casa, Diaz and Floyd.
              Then how did he knock out Diaz and Casamayor, two fighters who had never been KO'ed before?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                Then how did he knock out Diaz and Casamayor, two fighters who had never been KO'ed before?
                by counterpunching. I like how you guys neglect the fact that Marquez was losing both bouts up until the KO. It really favors your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  by counterpunching. I like how you guys neglect the fact that Marquez was losing both bouts up until the KO. It really favors your argument.
                  Exactly, skills win fights not weight.

Comment

Exactly, skills win fights not weight.
                    so then Manny beat Oscar because of skills alone. On that merit, it was much more impressive than Floyd's win, agree?

Comment

Because he won doesn't mean he looked great doing it. Casa was a shell of the fighter he use to be and shouldn't even have been a titlist after the Santa Cruz fight. As much as I like Diaz, he's a soft punching lightweight who should have been tailor made for a fighter like Marquez if he was still in top form.

Comment

Working...
                      X