Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Scotland really seperating from the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was London a few days ago, I was approached by a drunk man near the Houses of Parliament who spoke with an English accent but he clearly didn't consider himself English. He thought he was randomly helping a tourist out but I just a few laughs from him. I think he was Pakistani. He said the best thing about London is that there are no English people there. I thought that was pretty messed up though, the English seemed like cool people.

EDIT: Except that twat Anorak.
    Last edited by Hous; 09-17-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I'm leaving for a10 day visit to London on Thursday .....I'll try to avoid the street battles as the English army forces the Scots out at the points of their bayonets.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Scotland, Catalonia, Basque, Northern Italy, Flemish Belgium, Eastern Ukraine.....
        Throw Wales in there too. You never know :dunno9:

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
          Throw Wales in there too. You never know :dunno9:
          No chance. Wales is one of the poorest regions in the UK. We're not stupid enough to want out of the union because we get out more than we put in!

We'll probably try for more powers for the Welsh Assembly, but I don't think there's much desire for independence.
          Last edited by Welsh Jon; 09-18-2014, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
            We'd had to have a new flag if the Scots left.

That would be hard to get used to
            Public would vote, they'd probably just keep it the same. I wouldn't mind changing the blue to black, or another colour but I'd prefer it to stay the same.

Originally posted by Barn View Post
            Hell yeah! See you lot on the other side. I wish for more democratic powers to each Scottish individual and I will remain in solidarity with the rest of you guys from the Union!!!

#VoteYes
            Umm, no you wouldn't, you'd have broken it up. You wouldn't be part of the Union and you wouldn't be British. You'd effectively become a foreigner from a foreign nation.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 09-18-2014, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Public would vote, they'd probably just keep it the same. I wouldn't mind changing the blue to black, or another colour but I'd prefer it to stay the same.

Umm, no you wouldn't, you'd have broken it up. You wouldn't be part of the Union and you wouldn't be British. You'd effectively become a foreigner from a foreign nation.
              See that's a sort of weird attitude. I'm not going to not care about the people England the rest of the Union because we lawfully separated. This shouldn't divide the people, only decentralize power and ultimately benefit the people.

I will still show solidarity with the people of England, Wales and Northern Ireland in their struggles for fairer representation or whatever.

Comment

Scotland reveals plans for the building of there military should they vote yes.

Comment

It seems like a terrible idea to leave the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    I'd actually be pissed off if the flag remained the same. Wales aren't represented on that flag, so if Scotland still are even after leaving the Union it would be complete bs.

The flag of St David is a yellow cross on a black background, so changing the blue to black would be fine.

If the British flag did change would that mean, Australia, New Zeland and other countries would have the Union Jack incorporated on it have to change their flags too?

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
                      It seems like a terrible idea to leave the UK.
                      How's that?

Comment

Working...
                      X