No announcement yet.

Is miguel cotto one of the top5 fighters of his generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
    What generation are we talking about? If fighters are active, then they are part of Cotto's generation practically. Old or young. Hatton has a better resume than Cotto does even though I think Cotto would've beaten him had they fought. I'd have Cotto and Hatton ranked about the same and I don't think Hatton is close to being top five of his generation either.
    Hatton does not have a better resume then Cotto and no way in hell he should ranked about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Who u got dude?
      Juan Manuel Marquez, Rafa Marquez, Barrera, Morales, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hopkins, probably Wladimir Klitschko, for starters.

depends what you call 'this generation'. People always use the word like its a very small time frame.

Comment

I think Collazo is better than Quintana and Zab Judah. And since Mosley beat Miguel and should've gotten the decision over Cotto in MSG, I'd have the past prime version of Mosley ranked over Cotto. IMO. B-Hop as well like I mentioned earlier. Paul Williams and Cotto share the same spot just about in my view since Williams beat Margarito and has a convincing win over Winky Wright (who has Shane Mosley's #). Regardless of whether Martinez just pushed his shit in, I'd still have P-Will slightly ranked over Cotto. I know I'll get flamed for that. But it's true that Williams has a better resume than Cotto does.
        quintanas win over williams is better than anything collazo ever did.
        Get over yourself. your a **** poster

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          Hatton does not have a better resume then Cotto and no way in hell he should ranked about the same.
          Wins over guys like a prime Vince Phillips and Kosta Tszyu (past prime or not) combined with his wins over guys like Tackie, Collazo (even though I thought Collazo won), Castillo (I know it may sound biased, but Cotto was gonna fight him at one time too and we didn't know Castillo was that shot until Hatton KOd him even though he didn't look good against Njoudo) and a win over Lazcano at least put him close. I'd probably have Cotto ranked slightly higher than Hatton maybe but it's close. The thing about Hatton is though he was actually the man at 140 unlike Cotto was regardless of who's fault it was for the fight not happening.

Comment

No, not in my opinion. Top Rank have done a great job in making him a star. He's a popular fighter, but overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
              quintanas win over williams is better than anything collazo ever did.
              Get over yourself. your a **** poster
              Collazo beat Jose Rivera for a title and a lot of people had Collazo beating Berto and Hatton and outside of Quintana beating Williams in the first fight he doesn't have one good win on his resume on top of being KOd in the rematch. Of course I'm not saying I'd rank Collazo over Cotto. But he was a better fighter than Quintana. Way better.

Comment

Wins over guys like a prime Vince Phillips and Kosta Tszyu (past prime or not) combined with his wins over guys like Tackie, Collazo (even though I thought Collazo won), Castillo (I know it may sound biased, but Cotto was gonna fight him at one time too and we didn't know Castillo was that shot until Hatton KOd him even though he didn't look good against Njoudo) and a win over Lazcano at least put him close. I'd probably have Cotto ranked slightly higher than Hatton maybe but it's close. The thing about Hatton is though he was actually the man at 140 unlike Cotto was regardless of who's fault it was for the fight not happening.
                prime phillips lmaoo, phillips was almost 40 when hatton beat him and was coming off a loss

Comment

Collazo beat Jose Rivera for a title and a lot of people had Collazo beating Berto and Hatton and outside of Quintana beating Williams in the first fight he doesn't have one good win on his resume on top of being KOd in the rematch. Of course I'm not saying I'd rank Collazo over Cotto. But he was a better fighter than Quintana. Way better.
                  shoulda coulda woulda, like i said before quintanas win over williams is better than anything collazo ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                    prime phillips lmaoo, phillips was almost 40 when hatton beat him and was coming off a loss
                    Was he that old? I thought Hatton beat him right after he KOd Tszyu but maybe I'm mistaking. Was it Jose Luis Lopez who had just beat Phillips I don't remember. Still a decent win though. But then again Hatton didn't beat him convincingly either so I'll admit that.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                      No, not in my opinion. Top Rank have done a great job in making him a star. He's a popular fighter, but overrated.
                      Ding, ding. Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                      X