Sharp Threads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharp Threads

New to the lounge so hello!
    I'm just starting the process of getting my first ever full tailored bespoke suit!
    To say I'm excited would be an understatement!
    Hopefully it will be worth the expense and look awesome. Will update this as I go if there is interest.
    Anyone else here had one or considering it?

Don't own a bespoke suit yet, I have a few suits (J Crew, Brooks Brothers) I bought and had them tailored. How much are you spending?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Don't own a bespoke suit yet, I have a few suits (J Crew, Brooks Brothers) I bought and had them tailored. How much are you spending?
      It's not cheap. This isn't me showing off as I have saved for it but about £1200

Comment

I've got an original Primarni suit, it was well cheap.

Comment

i don't know sh#t about clothes. i have my friends dress me if i need to really game face.

my only advice is to get your sh#t taylored. especially if you have an abnormal build [tall, heavy, short, etc] it will make you look much, much better.

also, 1200 pounds is a ton of money for a suit. i'm not going to try and tell you how to spend your money, only that you shouldn't be getting advice about your suit on bscene if you're going to spend 1200 pounds on the thing. ask somebody who will know something about high end suits.

for my fat yank friends, 1200 pounds is more than two grand USD.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i don't know sh#t about clothes. i have my friends dress me if i need to really game face.

my only advice is to get your sh#t taylored. especially if you have an abnormal build [tall, heavy, short, etc] it will make you look much, much better.

also, 1200 pounds is a ton of money for a suit. i'm not going to try and tell you how to spend your money, only that you shouldn't be getting advice about your suit on bscene if you're going to spend 1200 pounds on the thing. ask somebody who will know something about high end suits.

for my fat yank friends, 1200 pounds is more than two grand USD.
            I agree it's certainly not cheap. But it's something I've wanted a while and it's for my wedding. I'm pretty tall and slim so should be better than what I have for work.
            That said it's not going to be fancy just a good classic cut.

Comment

Jos A. Banks for me. Good cheap suits for everyday work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
                Jos A. Banks for me. Good cheap suits for everyday work.
                Update I've been in and been measured.
                Took about an hour going through that and fabric selection.
                So far I have decide on a blue suit with grey waistcoat. The plan is to get a grey pair of trousers at a later stage.
                Double vented jacket at the back and slanted pockets on the front of the jacket.
                Waistcoat is going to be double breasted but double peaked at the bottom like a single breasted waistcoat, well that's the plan we may see how it looks.
                Paid the deposit £650.They have ordered the fabric and should have my first fitting next week!!
                Was quite exciting and I enjoyed it

Comment

I rock Frencheye slim fit suits, £200 a pop. The cut is amazing. However I'll be upgrading to HugoBoss when I get a payrise.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                    I rock Frencheye slim fit suits, £200 a pop. The cut is amazing. However I'll be upgrading to HugoBoss when I get a payrise.
                    Not heard of them. Where do you get them? I usually wear Charles twrytt or however it's spelt and get the slim fit with a few alterations

Comment

Working...
                    X