Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson vs Nathan Cleverly, Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson vs Nathan Cleverly, Who Wins?

Both men have been traumatized of late.

Who walks away in this crossroads battle?

VS
    Clev
    33.33%
    Bad Chad
    66.67%

I think Cleverly would grind out a close decision. Dawson is finished as a top fighter. His performances against Pascal, Ward, and Stevenson put world elite status to bed. He doesn't have the power to trouble Cleverly and would get mauled on the inside. His best chance would be to fight at range and pepper Cleverly with his jab, but I don't know if he could do that for 12 rounds against an extremely busy opponent. And while Cleverly was soundly beaten in his latest fight, Dawson isn't Kovalev.

Again, close fight. But I don't think Dawson can improve at this stage in his career. Cleverly can come back stronger if his mind is right and makes some stylistic changes. Dawson simply doesn't make changes in light of his defeats. Thus I give the slight edge to Cleverly in a 12 round fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterCallSaul View Post
      I think Cleverly would grind out a close decision. Dawson is finished as a top fighter. His performances against Pascal, Ward, and Stevenson put world elite status to bed. He doesn't have the power to trouble Cleverly and would get mauled on the inside. His best chance would be to fight at range and pepper Cleverly with his jab, but I don't know if he could do that for 12 rounds against an extremely busy opponent. And while Cleverly was soundly beaten in his latest fight, Dawson isn't Kovalev.

Again, close fight. But I don't think Dawson can improve at this stage in his career. Cleverly can come back stronger if his mind is right and makes some stylistic changes. Dawson simply doesn't make changes in light of his defeats. Thus I give the slight edge to Cleverly in a 12 round fight.
      Good post........

Comment

Dawson's just not there mentally he just seems apathetic. I'd pick cleverly on workrate mostly.

Comment

Dawson doesnt have the power to slow down Cleverly,,,

Cleverly has a decent chin,, Kovolev just hits super hard and even then never put cleverly out cold ala manny-hatton or jmm-manny

Dawson has mental lapses in his fights and i think Cleverly would grind out a close decision 115-112

I really think dawson is a shot fighter since the ward beating and stevenson fight only proved my theory

Comment

Chad is a has been, "Klev" (lmao) is a never was. Bad Chad by brutal Brit destruction.

Comment

Clev outworks and eeks out a close but clear decision, Dawson fires his 17th consecutive trainer.

Comment

And to think how Dawson was regarded just a couple years ago, he is kind of a LHW version of Zab.

Comment

Chad would spark Clev, that must be clear now. Dawson is a step up from the hawks that Clev picks.

Clev is eurolevel at best and more likely Brit/Welsh level, he was never world and never beat anyone world level or close to it whereas Chad has regularly mixed it at top level and has some wins there.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    Chad would spark Clev, that must be clear now. Dawson is a step up from the hawks that Clev picks.

Clev is eurolevel at best and more likely Brit/Welsh level, he was never world and never beat anyone world level or close to it whereas Chad has regularly mixed it at top level and has some wins there.
                    Lets not act like dawson isnt damaged goods,,,

if this was dawson pre-ward fight, dawson would beat him most likely,,

but dawson is damaged goods right now after that beating from ward, and then the brutal ko by stevenson....

And dawson always had trouble with awkward dudes like pascal, and that short little bald midget guy he fought after pascal...

I think at this moment in time, clev could take dawson's shots and outwork him, and win rounds when dawson has his trademark mental lapses,,,,

Dawson was never smart enough to make adjustments during a fight, so i think clev's style would bother him

Comment

Working...
                    X