No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ali Adams Handed Two Year Boxing Ban For Doping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ali Adams Handed Two Year Boxing Ban For Doping

British heavyweight Ali Adams has been handed a two-year ban from the ring after testing positive for a banned substance.

Adams tested positive for stanozolol following his four-round defeat to former Olympic champion Audley Harrison on May 26.

Stanozolol is a synthetic anabolic steroid which former Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson tested positive for at the Seuol Olympics in 1988.
    [Click Here To Read More]

we need consistency with this crap..Peterson and Berto get off,lesser fighters get banned for YEARS..and Chavez gets to go to rehab in his damn living room

Comment

Meanwhile, Peterson kept his belt and is about to get a big money fight.

Comment

Man, they threw the book at Adams. There needs to be some clear cut consequences for doping. Boxing really needs some consistency here. I have no beef with harsh penalties for steroid use in boxing, but everyone should be held accountable to the same standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
          we need consistency with this crap..Peterson and Berto get off,lesser fighters get banned for YEARS..and Chavez gets to go to rehab in his damn living room
          They have maximum penalties for a reason, that's so they can show some discretion depending on whether the drug severely enhances performance or not along with whether the fighter intentionally took the drug.

Drug this guy got busted with is designed to increase strength and was taken delibrately. That separates him from Berto and Chavez. Regarding Peterson I think he had a medical explanation? I don't believe it but if they punished him further there could be legal consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            They have maximum penalties for a reason, that's so they can show some discretion depending on whether the drug severely enhances performance or not along with whether the fighter intentionally took the drug.

Drug this guy got busted with is designed to increase strength and was taken delibrately. That separates him from Berto and Chavez. Regarding Peterson I think he had a medical explanation? I don't believe it but if they punished him further there could be legal consequences.
            More brains. Drinking and smoking don't enhance performance, but the paying public doesn't get thier moneys worth, and the boxer increases his chances of getting hurt. Pro boxing is no place for any of this stuff.

Comment

Good to see they take drug cheating seriously in the UK unlike America where they hand out slap on the wrist penaltys which serve as no real deterrent for there long list of known drug cheats.
              Last edited by -Lowkey-; 10-04-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Meanwhile, Peterson kept his belt and is about to get a big money fight.
                Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Another British heavyweight bum testing positive & coincidentally isn't Ali a stablemate of Larry Olubamiwo?

Comment

The penalty is too harsh in its depth. You want to stop the drug usage in the sport, not stop people from earning. A few months off of the juice and everything goes back to normal, any relapse can be detected, the game goes on. Boxing is a life and death sport, so keeping it clean is a duty.

Comment

Working...
                    X