Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Could Marciano Have Beaten Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't see Holyfield being stopped, or even dropped. Decision either way, hard to predict who would take control of the fight. It would be Holyfield's technique against Marciano's output.

Comment

Evander would be way to strong for Rocky. Let's be real here, no mythical crap. Evander was tough as nails and strong as hell, he was going toe to toe with big George in the 90's.

If Evander saw that he had a size advantage, he would really step up the pressure against the rock.

and, Evander is a greater + better boxer than Rocky.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
        I honestly don't see Holyfield being stopped, or even dropped. Decision either way, hard to predict who would take control of the fight. It would be Holyfield's technique against Marciano's output.
        Holyfield had a pretty solid workrate himself.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          Evander would be way to strong for Rocky. Let's be real here, no mythical crap. Evander was tough as nails and strong as hell, he was going toe to toe with big George in the 90's.

If Evander saw that he had a size advantage, he would really step up the pressure against the rock.

and, Evander is a greater + better boxer than Rocky.
          Exactly, Holyfield warred with dudes who outweighed him by as much as 40 lbs, tough, strong guy who were good boxers too. Against Rocky Evander is not only a better boxer, but bigger and stronger. Not only can he outbox Rocky, he can also outmuscle him.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
            Have you ever predicted Marciano to lose?

Even Riddick Bowe couldn't stop Evander until Holy was 34 and gassed out, Lewis couldn't stop Evander when he was well, well past his best, Tyson couldn't stop Evander, Qawi couldn't stop an Evander who was young and inexperienced and basically had no place in a 15 round championship fight. Evander had a top notch chin and Marciano is not going to stop him. Evander is a much better boxer than Marciano, and is also much stronger and would batter and muscle him around if he needed to.
            Evander by UD, Evander warred and (mostly) won against guys that were 30+lbs heavier than him, or freaks like Tyson who possessed ungodly strength, marciano wont hurt him
            Yes i have predicted against Rocky, I think he would lose against George Foreman,Sonny Liston and Ali would give him alot of trouble.

But he would do very well against Holy. Evander has never been in the ring with anyone like Rocky, But Rocky has been in the ring with men like Holy, Walcott was Very skillfull,fast and had a better punch then Evander. In a 12 round fight Evander may make it, but in a 15 round fight Rocky would get him. Watch round 12 of Holys fight with Foreman, Holy was Exhausted and was holding on for his LIFE!. Rocky would work him hard, and Holy would tire in a 15 round fight, Rocky is Stronger then Holy. Although Holy is a warrior through and through so is Rocky, Rocky was freakishly fit, he would pound Evander with 100+ punches a round for 15 rounds, If they fought and Evander was as tired with Rocky as he was with Foreman it would be a win for Rock.

People always count out Rocky, I dont understand it.

Rocky stops Evander late, Rounds 14 or 15
            in a 12 round fight Evander May win on Points.

Holy would have to work More with Rocky then he did with Foreman. Thats a big ask, Foreman gave Holy all he could handle.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
              Yes i have predicted against Rocky, I think he would lose against George Foreman,Sonny Liston and Ali would give him alot of trouble.

But he would do very well against Holy. Evander has never been in the ring with anyone like Rocky, But Rocky has been in the ring with men like Holy, Walcott was Very skillfull,fast and had a better punch then Evander. In a 12 round fight Evander may make it, but in a 15 round fight Rocky would get him. Watch round 12 of Holys fight with Foreman, Holy was Exhausted and was holding on for his LIFE!. Rocky would work him hard, and Holy would tire in a 15 round fight, Rocky is Stronger then Holy. Although Holy is a warrior through and through so is Rocky, Rocky was freakishly fit, he would pound Evander with 100+ punches a round for 15 rounds, If they fought and Evander was as tired with Rocky as he was with Foreman it would be a win for Rock.

People always count out Rocky, I dont understand it.

Rocky stops Evander late, Rounds 14 or 15
              in a 12 round fight Evander May win on Points.

Holy would have to work More with Rocky then he did with Foreman. Thats a big ask, Foreman gave Holy all he could handle.
              Has Rocky been in with anyone like Evander, in his prime? no, not even close. Yes Evander has been in with guys like Rocky, only better.

Comment

Holy stops him late in a war. And the Holy who beat Tyson wasn't even peak Holy. Rocky woulda been like Tyson tho, confused and in a bit of trouble when he couldn't KO Holy, which i don't think he would in this fight. At his best, the harder Holy was hit the harder he hit back. I think he'd suffer damage along the way but beat Rocky in the last 3rd of the fight sumwhere.

Comment

It would be a war for however long it lasts. I can't help but think Holyfield would be dragged into a toe-to-toe fight with Marciano and that would likely be a mistake. Hes not going to be able to 'out rocky' Rocky. Rocky has all the qualities he needs to win in that kind of fight against Holyfield. It would be similar to the Bowe-Holyfield fights I imagine.

Comment

Has Rocky been in with anyone like Evander, in his prime? no, not even close. Yes Evander has been in with guys like Rocky, only better.

The only fighter in Holyfields Career that he fought that was similar to Rocky Was Qawi- Fight 1, The only diffrence being was that he was 5ft 7inch tall , and didnt have the Stamina,Punching Power,Chin or Strength That Rocky had, And it took Holyfield 15 rounds, And was one of Holyfields hardest fights.

Comment

Holyfield had a pretty solid workrate himself.
                      When he got drawn into a brawl (closer to his original style), but we're talking about an older Holyfield boxing as he did against Tyson (likely the proper strategy here anyway). Marciano never stopped throwing, content to hit you anywhere, not just as openings presented themselves. That and possibly a power edge would be Marciano's only advantages in this fight. Although Marciano was better conditioned, I don't think it would be much of a factor unless his output managed to wear Holyfield down by the late rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X