Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko has a new 5-year deal with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That enough time to become a big star and then realize Arum's been screwing him and leave for his own company or someone else's.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      i don't like how inactive lomachenko has been under top rank. a pro novice like him should really be fighting at least five times per annum, especially if they still intend to pad his record with the likes of gamalier rodriguez and that thai pacquiao fella. one quarter of 2015 has already passed us by and lomachenko is only just about to have his first outing. if he's only going to be fighting three times a year, it should be against better opponents than rodriguez
      Weak hands too. His hand busted pretty easy against the Thai and had to fight one handed. Good enough against at the low levels, not sure about the elites of the world.

Comment

He's been recovering from a hand/wrist injury from his last fight and had another injury to recover from after the Salido fight. He's 26/27, three fights a year is a fine pace for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I'm more concerned with his opponents, I think he's on the right side.

HBO: Walters, Gradovich, Vetyeka, Selby, Cuellar, Velez & all of 130

PBC: Mares, Russell Jr, Gonzalez, Santa Cruz
          All of 130?

The only two fighters that matter in that division are Uchiyama and Miura, who fight (and make a lot) solely in Japan

Comment

I dont see the benefit in any fighter signing for 5 yrs tbh. So much can change in that time. Hes in the right place for now though

Comment

IMO Loma is absolutely the future of this sport. Future P4P Number 1 if he can get the opponents in the ring. More than that I love the way Arum brings up fighters, if there is one thing he knows how to do, it's how to make a star.

Comment

Working...
              X