Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    The USADA Corruption conspiracy theorists wont address who paid them off to bring down armstrong. my guess france since they hate the guy so much. again though this isnt my conspiracy theory its the ptards.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the int'l cycling body had an axe to grind with Armstrong, for legit reasons or otherwise. I dunno anything about it, but I'd guess it's pro French, since they pretty much drive the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Were they under any contract to hound Lance for years after he left competition. It seems like they did that of their own accord.

How they treat athletes is not a strawman it is what they do, so if they treat one athlete like that (and Lance is far from the only one) it stands to reason they would treat others in a similar fashion (and they have).
      Lance wasn't just a regular athlete though. Lance was at the heart of a massive doping conspiracy and is arguably the greatest fraud in the modern history of sport. Getting Lance was like getting Escobar, you'll commit more resources than if you're going after some crack fiend.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised if the int'l cycling body had an axe to grind with Armstrong, for legit reasons or otherwise. I dunno anything about it, but I'd guess it's pro French, since they pretty much drive the sport.
        The UCI actually protected Armstrong, and were especially vindictive in their condemnation of people who were speaking out against him.

They also accepted a $100,000 donation from Armstrong around the time that Armstrong (according to the testimony of his teammates) that Armstrong himself failed a drug test.

The UCI were suing a journalist (Paul Kimmage) for writing an article about this, but dropped the case soon after the USADA Armstrong file was released.

Comment

• That it wasn't an open-and-shut case and USADA treaded lightly in regards to to the Clenbuterol contamination claim by Morales. Don't forget WADA itself seems to substantiate the claim because in 2011 they cleared a group of Mexican soccer players who claimed contamination from Mexican meat but in 2012 did not clear Alberto Contador when he claimed Clenbuterol contamination from steaks bought in Spain.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          So what's your take on Morales?

Comment

Were they under any contract to hound Lance for years after he left competition. It seems like they did that of their own accord.

How they treat athletes is not a strawman it is what they do, so if they treat one athlete like that (and Lance is far from the only one) it stands to reason they would treat others in a similar fashion (and they have).
            I don't know about Armstrong, they could have been under pressure from Union Cycliste Internationale. Looking at their wiki page, they were accused of accepting a bribe from Armstrong in 2001, so perhaps the new management went after him for show or out of conviction or who knows why.

In any case who's paying the bill makes a huge difference. Look at it this way: their role in cycling is secure and permanent if they keep nabbing the cheats. In boxing they're at the mercy of GBP/FMJ, other promoters won't do extra testing or go with the much cheaper VADA. Because it's up to the promoter, and not a larger body. So it's either you compromise, or nothing. Perhaps they believe that even hobbled, what they provide is better than nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              forgifs.com
              This could go all the way to the white house! Weve got to get this son of a b*tch!
              You're a strange one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Lance wasn't just a regular athlete though. Lance was at the heart of a massive doping conspiracy and is arguably the greatest fraud in the modern history of sport. Getting Lance was like getting Escobar, you'll commit more resources than if you're going after some crack fiend.
                Yea but by the same token getting a guy like Floyd would be a huge feather in their cap also, Morales is a bit different but still a pretty famous boxing figure I don't think they would let either just skate.

We will see how that plays out though.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  I don't know about Armstrong, they could have been under pressure from Union Cycliste Internationale. Looking at their wiki page, they were accused of accepting a bribe from Armstrong in 2001, so perhaps the new management went after him for show or out of conviction or who knows why.

In any case who's paying the bill makes a huge difference. Look at it this way: their role in cycling is secure and permanent if they keep nabbing the cheats. In boxing they're at the mercy of GBP/FMJ, other promoters won't do extra testing or go with the much cheaper VADA. Because it's up to the promoter, and not a larger body. So it's either you compromise, or nothing. Perhaps they believe that even hobbled, what they provide is better than nothing.
                  They don't have to be involved in boxing though and if getting involved means destroying their integrity that doesn't make a lick of sense because if they lose that they have no reason to exist. What good is a drug test organization that lacks integrity it would be a joke.

Over pro boxing which is chump change to them, even if it is a new area to to expand into.

Comment

They don't have to be involved in boxing though and if getting involved means destroying their integrity that doesn't make a lick of sense because if they lose that they have no reason to exist. What good is a drug test organization that lacks integrity it would be a joke.

Over pro boxing which is chump change to them, even if it is a new area to to expand into.
                    Again, maybe they think limited disclosure is better than nothing, you gotta start somewhere. I think most testing advocates here would rather take a watered down version than nothing. Or they think that the risk to their reputation is very small, for several reasons. Lets see how they react to this.

Do you have any figures for this "chump change"? There is tons more money in boxing than in cycling or track, esp in the US, which I'm guessing is their jurisdiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                      Incredible. The first boxer who demanded so-called OST was found out to have failed in not only one but three tests on all of the last three fights he participated in.

Incredible.

The guy should be crucified on his hypocrisy alone. It's disgusting.

It's a no brainer that Floyd is juicing. His whole entourage of body guards are juiced up. He knows where to get it. His former best friend 50 used to juice too. Maybe we should confirm it from his former best friend.
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 11-21-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X