Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why ISN'T Jay-Z the greatest of all-time to you guys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why ISN'T Jay-Z the greatest of all-time to you guys?

He only trails The Beatles after beating Elvis...once again...he ONLY trails The Beatles. Talk about consistency and staying relevant. Who does that?

Jay-Z:"King Hov, I’m exactly what the f**k you think
    11 in a row, Bill Russell rings, Michael Jordan swag
    Y'all think Michael Jordan bad
    Ni**a I got a 5 more rings than Michael Jordan had
    Elvis has left the building now I’m on the Beatles ass"

12 #1 albums in a row. And I'm not even talking about record sales, just his charts.

Some of you guys will throw out the Ether or some kind of diss but it doesn't change the fact that he's had 12 albums in a row now because of Watch the Throne.

cause 2pac made him his own personal b1tch and he said nothing, absolutely nothing...

Comment

He got a weird faced and impregnated my wifey

Comment

He's a cross over star.

White, Black, Hispanic... they all feeling his music.

Isn't/wasn't the same with a lot of the other greats. His records sales just show that he 'touching' more people out there, not that he's lyrically the best.

I hate the cvnt

Comment

Alway's liked Jay. Kinda corny. But I don't give a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
            He's a cross over star.

White, Black, Hispanic... they all feeling his music.

Isn't/wasn't the same with a lot of the other greats. His records sales just show that he 'touching' more people out there, not that he's lyrically the best.

I hate the cvnt
            There's more to being the greatest than just being lyrical. Jordan is the greatest for more than the fact that he can shoot good.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
              cause 2pac made him his own personal b1tch and he said nothing, absolutely nothing...
              Yeah he didn't say nothing but oh well.

Comment

Because there have been better rappers. F*** sales, going by sales Britney Spears is better than half the musicians who ever lived.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Because there have been better rappers. F*** sales, going by sales Britney Spears is better than half the musicians who ever lived.
                  12 #1 albums in a row. And I'm not even talking about record sales, just his charts.

All I did was copy and paste from my first post because I knew someone would say it rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
                    There's more to being the greatest than just being lyrical. Jordan is the greatest for more than the fact that he can shoot good.
                    The only other thing that goes hand in hand with it is the music itself, the beats. He's got some dope beats, IMO. But, apart from his cross over success I can't see why he's seen as a such a beast.

Currently you left the bottom line of "he still got 12 straight albums hitting no.1" but that again, comes down to his cross over success. More people buying his shiz doesn't equal a great.

I respect your opinion though.

Comment

Working...
                    X