Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonnen Told CSAC Officials He Might Piss Hot For Steroids In His Pre-Fight Drug Test,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonnen Told CSAC Officials He Might Piss Hot For Steroids In His Pre-Fight Drug Test,

http://www.cagepotato.com/sonnen-tol...-still-let-fig

Well, the Chael Sonnen PED case just got a whole lot stranger.

According to a report by Sports Illustrated's Josh Gross, Sonnen indicated to California State Athletic Commission officials who administered his pre-fight drug screening urinalysis that he had taken a banned substance that might show up in the test.

That's pretty much the nail in the coffin of his UFC career if true, but Chael being Chael will likely blame it on this guy with the Hispanic accent who has been impersonating him in interviews:

What I can't wrap my mind around is, why would he bring the heat on himself like that? You can bet that CSAC told the testing lab to make sure they "take a long hard look at that Republican's piss under the microscope."

Here's what CSAC executive director George Dodd told Gross went down the day before Sonnen's career defining fight with Anderson Silva.

"He only indicated that he was taking it but he never indicated why," Dodd said of a conversation he and Sonnen shared during drug testing conducted by the state a day prior to the fight. Sonnen "just let me know he was taking [something] and that's when I called over an inspector to get it documented. But when you do take it you still have to show a medical reason."

So let me get this straight, Sonnen admitted he cheated prior to the bout, yet he was still licensed to fight? I'm just as baffled by the decision made by CSAC to allow him to compete than I am by Chael's decision to possibly throw away his UFC career.

Would they have still allowed the fight to go on if it was, say PCP, speed or cocaine?

If I was Anderson Silva's camp, I would be pissed that the commission allowed Sonnen to go into the Octagon with an illegal edge like he had.

Here's Dodd's explanation of why they need to know the reason that a fighter has been taking a banned substance as they can confer with commission physicians on whether or not it was used to enhance performance.

"Whenever you're taking an enhancing drug you have to let the commission know prior to even taking the test that you're taking, and what the medical reasons are why you're taking the drug," Dodd said. "That way we can verify with our commission doctors that the reason you're taking that is the reason you should be on that type of drug. You can't just come in and say, 'Hey, I'm taking this,' and think that's going to get you off."

That's why when Karo Parisyan listed the prescribed medication he had been taking for a back and hip injury didn't jive with the ones in his blood that he didn't have a script for, there was a problem.

The thing is, why, when he admitted he took the PED and didn't have a legit reason for taking it that would excuse him from being punished for the infraction, was he allowed in the Octagon?

CSAC, of all commissions, given its propensity for controversy should not walk away from this fiasco scot-free. I smell an inquiry.

Case closed. Fake taps and steroids can't even stop The Spider...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Case closed. Fake taps and steroids can't even stop The Spider...
      hate dicks like u

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
        hate dicks like u
        Why? Because a cheating Sonnen couldn't beat Anderson? What's that have to do with me?

Comment

Working...
        X