No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko will silence his doubters tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    If boxing was based on a pure points system like basketball, no doubt he'd be a great fighter.

Unfortunately boxing is about WINNING fights, and winning fights against QUALITY opposition. I give Vitali credit for not letting scrubs have a chance against him. In that department he is better than Wlad and Lewis. But against top guys he has fallen short or pulled with injury(Rahman)

I think a win against Haye, Adamek, or Povetkin would put Vitali in that upper echelon of elite Heavyweights and make him a top 10 ATG. He's not proving anything by battering stationary fat guys.
    Oh..so Solis is not as great as the aforementioned 3 you mentioned or is he the only one with the weight problem. Without looking at the weight most would rate him above those fighters on skills alone. Oh & nice try... trying to equate Vitali Klitschko as just another Wilt Chamberlain... but last I CHECKED Michael Jordan has the highest PER in Nba history.. just like Vitali has the highest PER in boxing history. Vitali takes care of everyone including the alltime greats. Rahman is lucky Vitali couldn't get to him....you haVE NO IDEA what he would've made of Hasim for calling him chicken because of injuries. incase you've forgotten took 4 years to heal... he'll just be content for having the lineage to fighters that have Ktfo Rahman.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      You must be having a laugh. No one is giving Solis a chance, apart from Vitali injuring his leg during the ringwalk or something.
      I've seen a few pulling for the upset tonight, not just on these forums. I read one guy has put on 250 euros for a Solis decision! Seriously, I've seen numerous guys saying Vitali time is up tonight (although a minority), it's unusual to hear this.

Vitali is being made out to be old and shot - he isn't. Vitali will dominate Solis, like he has since coming out of retirement. There are a few doubters to what Vitali has left in the tank, I still think he can compete at the top for anoter 2 years yet.

Comment

Im mostly just adding perspective.

Vitali is one of the most dominant Heavyweights of all time.
        As long as he's not better than Lennox....right?

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
          I read many tipping Solis to pull the upset here, or a very close fight. I see otherwise, Vitali will dominate, and knock Solis out in the latter half of the fight.

Vitali Klitschko is getting older, but he is still at the top of his game. He will show that tonight, by putting on a good display.

Vitali TKO/KO in the 10'th.
          So it Vitali wins a fight he's expected to win he will "silence his doubters"?

Comment

Lol, I don't think anyone is doubting Vitali apart from a few very hopeful Cubans.

Comment

Can't believe we are question whether Vitali still got game. The last fight he had....he sent an alltime great slugger into the hospital for a week with a vicious beatdown. He sent a message to any fighter that's planning on surviving the distance>>> DON'T... you will be going into intensive care & are better off being knockedout & putting... the less rds the better.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                So it Vitali wins a fight he's expected to win he will "silence his doubters"?
                A minority of doubters yes. Sure Vitali is expected to win this fight, but I've noticed a few doubters popping up as of late.. Actually, it's unusual to see Vitali being questioned as to how much he has left by some. Solis will get punished like every other opponent, to think otherwise is wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
                  As long as he's not better than Lennox....right?
                  Vitali is better than Lennox in some aspects. Stamina, Chin, Aggression, KO Ratio and domination of inferior opposition. But what will always hurt him in the end is:
                  The worst version of Lennox overcame the best version of Vitali.

That fact will haunt him to the grave.

Comment

Vitali is better than Lennox in some aspects. Stamina, Chin, Aggression, KO Ratio and domination of inferior opposition. But what will always hurt him in the end is:
                    The worst version of Lennox overcame the best version of Vitali.

That fact will haunt him to the grave.
                    Still holding on to the myth that Lennox was closer to being shot than to his prime. What was he 37? Guess who's done his best work at that age? I'm sure if he had the rematch with Tyson instead or the Kirk Johnson....the headlines would'VE read>>> LENNOX.. DOMINANT AS EVER.

History won't remember it that way..they'll just remember that LENNOX didn't REALLY beat everyone he ever fought as he didn't REALLY beat crackhead Mccall Who was practically doping in the ring while LENNOX was throwing defenseless bombs & couldn't get him outta there & then he had a man with half his face falling off & couldn't get him outta there.. funny how the 2 fighters he really didn't beat but has W'S next to there names were never knocked down before,, also Lennox DIDN'T really beat Holyfield in there second fight..so you can add Holyfield to that list as people he didn't REALLY beat.

Comment

Vitali will dominate easily, I find it hard to believe that some people are giving Solis a real chance of an upset. It won't happen, Vitali will win every round in a one-sided beatdown.........

Comment

Working...
                      X