Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO Muslims: Do You Believe Sharia Law to be Real Islam???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
    Bulls***

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
    I'm sure I can find a quote where he says essentially the opposite. Also hAnyways as I said Christianity is far from perfect, but at its core it is a far more peaceful religion than Islam.

And nice work on ducking my question: what is your opinion of the treatment of women, gays and free thinkers in the Islamic world

Let me guess, you are the type of liberal that will whine all day long about gay marriage rights, lack of using gender neutral pronouns, and nut jobs that picket outside abortion clinics. But when it comes to Islamic people doing terrible things, you have nothing to say, or make up some pathetic excuse.

It's called intellectual dishonesty. You refuse to apply the scope of your critical judgment to Islam because it conflicts with your anti - western agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Dat Round Doe View Post
      I'm sure I can find a quote where he says essentially the opposite. Also hAnyways as I said Christianity is far from perfect, but at its core it is a far more peaceful religion than Islam.
      I would agree. But that was not always the case. Christianity already went through the not-so-peaceful phase. Islam is a lot more recent than Christianity. It also happens that this religion is prevalent in countries with unstable governments, in which Theocracy is helps pseudo-governments control citizens.

And nice work on ducking my question: what is your opinion of the treatment of women, gays and free thinkers in the Islamic world
      It's unacceptable and has no place in modern society. Such Theocratic governments are evil and should be abolished

Let me guess, you are the type of liberal that will whine all day long about gay marriage rights, lack of using gender neutral pronouns, and nut jobs that picket outside abortion clinics. But when it comes to Islamic people doing terrible things, you have nothing to say, or make up some pathetic excuse.

I'm pro gay marriage. All consenting adults who decide to spend their lives together should have the same rights, regardless of gender or preference.

Gender-neutral pronouns are stupid. Just another irrelevant issue made up by people who don't have anything better to be angry about

Not too sold on abortion unless it's from rape or it endangers the mother. Modern contraceptives are widely available which would be less invasive. I say it's the parents' call however.

I'm not defending Islam. All religion especially the Abrahamic ones are stupid, counter-productive, and promotes ignorance.

It's called intellectual dishonesty. You refuse to apply the scope of your critical judgment to Islam because it conflicts with your anti - western agenda.
      I'm not questioning any criticism about Islam. I think it's a dangerous ideology. Today, I think it's reasonable to think of one's religionas a red flag in certain situations.

The thing is, the notion that Christianity is any better is not something I entirely agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by CounTaLL View Post
        This map is so far fetched and what it means by "family law", i'm indonesian and from west jave and i can tell you the people of west java is the most liberal indonesian, our capital nicknamed "slut city". and east indonesia like papua, maluku and bali are predominantly christian and hindu, so why they are in the green again??

maybe only aceh which are slightly accurate.

and philipines, really?? philipines and thailand are also in the green???!!!
        Interesting. Indonesia is a great example for the rest of the Muslim world to follow..

What is your opinion on the Indonesian invasion of East Timor?

Very interested on how far your sense of social justice goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
          I would agree. But that was not always the case. Christianity already went through the not-so-peaceful phase. Islam is a lot more recent than Christianity. It also happens that this religion is prevalent in countries with unstable governments, in which Theocracy is helps pseudo-governments control citizens.

It's unacceptable and has no place in modern society. Such Theocratic governments are evil and should be abolished

I'm pro gay marriage. All consenting adults who decide to spend their lives together should have the same rights, regardless of gender or preference.

Gender-neutral pronouns are stupid. Just another irrelevant issue made up by people who don't have anything better to be angry about

Not too sold on abortion unless it's from rape or it endangers the mother. Modern contraceptives are widely available which would be less invasive. I say it's the parents' call however.

I'm not defending Islam. All religion especially the Abrahamic ones are stupid, counter-productive, and promotes ignorance.

I'm not questioning any criticism about Islam. I think it's a dangerous ideology. Today, I think it's reasonable to think of one's religionas a red flag in certain situations.

The thing is, the notion that Christianity is any better is not something I entirely agree with.
          Okay thanks for clarifying. I agree with basically all this

Comment

Working...
          X