Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Mayweather able to back Canelo up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that extra 5 million dollar US Haymon gave Canelo was the reason why.

Comment

Im pretty sure making him a skeleton had its advantages. With that said Floyds fast counters caught Canelo off guard. It's the punches you don't anticipate that back you up ohh and the Popeye IV

Comment

Because Mayweather is just that talented!

He was able to stand right in front of Canelo, see every punch coming, block or dodge it and counter with his own shots. Even if he doesn't have 1 punch KO power in his fist, the accumulation of those punches add up. This is what backed Canelo up.

Mayweather also did not run. Despite popular belief the guy isn't really a runner. He moves well, but doesn't run.

Comment

Originally posted by HardSpar View Post
          I'm not a fan of Canelo. Canelo knew the catch weight was the only way he was gonna land the Mayweather fight. Regardless, he was still drained. I can't give Mayweather credit for that win. Even Mayweather doesn't count that win lol.
          you're an idiot and a not only a canelo fan but a delusional one lol

canelo drained down for hatton, (beat him) canelo drained down for this very fight. the boy walks around at 170 plus if not much more. he's been draining his body for the last 2 years at 155.

he has like 8 catchweights in all of his major fights. how is he able to do this? because he has youth on his side. drain down and then blow up later overpowering opponents.

which makes the mayweather fight clear credit to him. thats why canelo brought up the 152 catchweight because he has overpowered opponents in that way over and over before. cotto is no exception. canelo barely can even make 155. he has to drain down to 155, but his youth makes up for that on the night of the fight.........the 152 catchweight was EVEN because canelo was smaller 3 4 years ago when that fight took place as oppose to now. in fact in his last fight before mayweather he came in at 153......

the reason why canelo couldn't win a round was because of FEET. mayweather was light years past canelo with foot speed and canelo has slow slow feet by comparison (still does till this day nothing has changed with his feet) also mayweather came out walking canelo down. cotto didn't do that. mayweather came out in that fight and stood right in front of him telling him to hit me with your best shot, I'm gonna roll it off the shoulder and then pop you in the mouth while standing right in front of you. cotto did not do that.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 11-23-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
            Because Mayweather is just that talented!

He was able to stand right in front of Canelo, see every punch coming, block or dodge it and counter with his own shots. Even if he doesn't have 1 punch KO power in his fist, the accumulation of those punches add up. This is what backed Canelo up.

Mayweather also did not run. Despite popular belief the guy isn't really a runner. He moves well, but doesn't run.
            the bolded. floyd was just that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              you're an idiot and a not only a canelo fan but a delusional one lol

canelo drained down for hatton, (beat him) canelo drained down for this very fight. the boy walks around at 170 plus if not much more. he's been draining his body for the last 2 years at 155.

he has like 8 catchweights in all of his major fights. how is he able to do this? because he has youth on his side. drain down and then blow up later overpowering opponents.

which makes the mayweather fight clear credit to him. thats why canelo brought up the 152 catchweight because he has overpowered opponents in that way over and over before. cotto is no exception. canelo barely can even make 155. he has to drain down to 155, but his youth makes up for that on the night of the fight.........the 152 catchweight was EVEN because canelo was smaller 3 4 years ago when that fight took place as oppose to now. in fact in his last fight before mayweather he came in at 153......

the reason why canelo couldn't win a round was because of FEET. mayweather was light years past canelo with foot speed and canelo has slow slow feet by comparison (still does till this day nothing has changed with his feet) also mayweather came out walking canelo down. cotto didn't do that. mayweather came out in that fight and stood right in front of him telling him to hit me with your best shot, I'm gonna roll it off the shoulder and then pop you in the mouth while standing right in front of you. cotto did not do that.
              Every pound counts, and having to come in at at least 152 was too much. You can clearly see he was drained as fuk at the weigh in and he was clearly a walking corpse on the fight night. If you can't see this then you're either an idiot or your deluding yourself. And once again I'm not a fan of Canelo.

Comment

Because Canelo couldn't see Floyd's punches coming. In some of the replays, Canelo would brace himself before Cotto would hit him. Cotto also always seemed to do the same combination over and over. Floyd didn't do that.

Comment

I'd be interested in learning about the drug tests for Cotto-Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Dogs! View Post
                    Because Canelo couldn't see Floyd's punches coming. In some of the replays, Canelo would brace himself before Cotto would hit him. Cotto also always seemed to do the same combination over and over. Floyd didn't do that.
                    exactly...........bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by HardSpar View Post
                      Every pound counts, and having to come in at at least 152 was too much. You can clearly see he was drained as fuk at the weigh in and he was clearly a walking corpse on the fight night. If you can't see this then you're either an idiot or your deluding yourself. And once again I'm not a fan of Canelo.
                      pac/canelo/ggg nut hugger

next.............

Comment

Working...
                      X