Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne : "Chris Arreola Has Much More Punch Power Than Deontay Wilder."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bermane Stiverne : "Chris Arreola Has Much More Punch Power Than Deontay Wilder."

Stiverne returns on Nov 14th with a tune up against Derric Rossey as he positions himself to recapture the title he lost against an apparently not-so-hard hitting Wilder, as Stiverne reveals in this interview.

"The only thing that surprised me is that he was known to be this puncher but, to people who might not know, Deontay don't hit that hard. I fought Chris Areolla twice and Arreola got much more power than Deontay- way much more power than Deontay."

10:25

Originally posted by F!x View Post
    Stiverne returns on Nov 14th with a tune up against Derric Rossey as he positions himself to recapture the title he lost against an apparently not-so-hard hitting Wilder, as Stiverne reveals in this interview.

"The only thing that surprised me is that he was known to be this puncher but, to people who might not know, Deontay don't hit that hard. I fought Chris Areolla twice and Arreola got much more power than Deontay- way much more power than Deontay."

10:25
    bitter loser trashing wilder at every interview. I think wilder's power was always overrated but he hits harder than crapeolla

Comment

Stiverne is butthurt.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        bitter loser trashing wilder at every interview. I think wilder's power was always overrated but he hits harder than crapeolla
        Sounds to me like Stiverne is mainly being self-critical, realizing he made mistakes in training camp. But anything that resembles trash talk will help make the rematch a bigger fight anyway.

Bermane sounded pretty convinced that Arreola is a much more powerful puncher than Wilder. Not totally out of the realms of possibility because Arreola is a known puncher with a high KO ratio, he may well hit harder than Wilder.

Comment

Call him Cleopatra. He's the Queen of Denial.

Comment

His power hasn't been tested against anyone decent, so we don't really know for sure.

He's fought one good opponent and it went the distance. The rest of his opponents have been dreadful.

I reckon Joshua and Wlad hit a fair bit harder.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
              Call him Cleopatra. He's the Queen of Denial.
              There might be an element of truth to what he's saying because to me he just didn't look like the same fighter against Wilder. He seemed a lot slower and more sluggish. Some might say Wilder was entirely responsible for that but to me it did seem as if Stiverne just wasn't physically 100% from the opening bell. Like he said in the interview, he lost control of his diet early on and so training camp became a fat camp which would explain some things.

Comment

I believe if it cause if you look at a common opponent of arreola and wilder which is Eric Molina, Arreola destroyed and hurt this dude the first solid punch he landed, wilder did the same and didnt really phase Molina.

I think Wilder 1-2 is one point and he lands it on the button but power for power Arreola appears to have more and a common opponent (stiverene) vouches for that.

Comment

Hm, interesting if true.

Comment

Rossy is a good fight for stiverne & i think he has a point about wilder's power. I do think he overlooked Wilder & thought there was no way he would lose. He never got in shape. Wilder is always in shape.

Comment

Working...
                    X