No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather lost his p4p spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Andre Ward is no.1 for me. He totally dismantled the best opponents in a very strong division. Arguably just as dominant as Wlad is at Heavyweight

I still have floyd as number 1 but ward is the only one I could see placing above him or as a close 2nd because of how dominate he is in his division. I keep floyd at 1 because he hasnt lost yet and he is still small for a 147 guy and is / would be dominate there.

He is aging though he dont move as well at this point its time to admit thats true. But he is smart enough to adjust like hopkins did as he ages and is so versatile.

The real thing that sucks now is there are no big fights left for him at 147, all of those opponents are boring choices now and the pac fight is like 3-4 years over do so even if it happened its lost its luster.

Comment

Ward has probably been the best fighter in the world for about a year and half~

Comment

I don't think he lost a step Cotto fought a good fight. Despite the scorecards he fought a really close fight with Trout. Everyone said Mayweather ran too much now that he fights more toe to toe he lost a step? Until Someone beats him Mayweather is still the best sure he's inactive a lot but how many fighters have been able to take long layoffs and beat top opposition?

Comment

I have Ward #1, JMM #2, Martinez #3, Donaire #4 and Pacquiao #5...Mayweather gets #1 Back when he actually FIGHTS AGAIN AND WIN!

With respect to Mayweather, I don't have the hate for the guy like some people, I am a fan of the Skills but come on man, the guy don't fight much...other P4P Fighters are fighting 2-3 times a year while this guy fights Once A Year! How is that fair?

But having Mayweather ranked #1 Sales Magazines and gets Visitors on your Website and to me that is the only reason why the guy stays #1 without much activity, any other fighter would have been moved out of the way for Ward or JMM or Martinez a long time ago...Just Calling It Like I See It! When your the biggest Draw In Boxing Naturally they Bend The Rules for your...A LOT!

WBC gladly lets him hold his titles, he don't have to fight Mandatory's or anything but they quickly stripped Bradley of his 140 Strap as well as Sergio Martinez of his 154 strap as well as Andre Ward of his 168 Strap

Comment

I think so.....

Generally accepted rule of thumb for p4p..... If everyone was the same size who would win

Current Floyd vs current Ward in this mythical match up right now.?.?.? I would pick Ward

Comment

Ward is my #1. Floyd just hasn't fought impressive opponents for a while now.

Comment

Floyd is #1 P4P in pretty much name only. In reality, is he at this very second the best pound for pound fighter in the world? Fuuuukkk no. And that's no dis on Floyd, but hey, age gets to all of us. Oh, and the inactivity thing too. He doesn't fight enough to deserve the hold on that top spot.

Comment

He lost it awhile ago IMO, Ward is #1

Comment

You could say Ward but he hasn't really been that active but his resume is strong. I still have Floyd despite only fighting once a year because he still looks like the best fighter in the world. If he slips and has a real close fight I would then highly consider Ward as the king.

Comment

Working...
                    X