No announcement yet.

Did Bute impress you tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
    If Bute had taken Kessler's spot, he would've fought Green, which isn'tanimporvement from his current opposition.

If he had replaced Dirrell, he would've fought Ward,which is what everybody wants. But he would've fought him before Ward gets crowned the S6 winner. Since Ward will most likely win the tourney, they will fight each other anyway, and for much more money with much more hype. And I don't think Ward would risk to fight Bute now, when he is about to win the tourney. The risk/reward ratio isn't good for him. Money-wise, the right decision for both Bute and Ward at this point is to wait the end of the tourney, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later...

There are talks that Bute couldfight Pavlik in March. It is the Best fight possible for Bute at this point. Then he can fight Kessler, Dirrell (if they are healthy) or the Froch-Abraham loser. Then Ward. I believe and hope that the boring part is over for Bute. If all goes as planned, he could clean the division by the end of 2011 and go to 175.
    Are you Canadian, Bute aint cleaning out nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
      Are you Canadian, Bute aint cleaning out nothing.
      I was just saying that from Bute's point of view. That is what he wants to do. Can he do that? IDK. I do believe he would beat Pavlik, Froch and Abraham. About Ward-Bute, I really don't know who would win and how. That's why I want to see that fight. Ward really is crafty and is tough to fight against on the inside, especially for Bute who isn't comfortable on the inside. But Bute has more power, is slightly bigger and has the speed, precision and timing to catch Ward coming in at some point.

Let's just hope the fight happens while they are in their prime.

Comment

Bute has talent, no doubt about that. But he cannot be labelled in the top 3 168ers until he beats someone worth a damn.

What logic do some of you work from? ''Bute just beat a top 20 SMW, that makes him number 1 baby!!''. Get the **** outta here.

Talent alone doesn't make you the best, you have to prove it against the best. Ward, Abraham and Froch have more reason to claim that spot. For me, Ward is number 1, followed by the winner of Froch/Abraham.

We don't know if Kessler will ever make a ring return, and Dirrell's future is also unknown so i haven't included them as of now.

Plus, i'd much prefer a fighter that continuously faces the best win or lose, then an undefeated fighter that faces poor competition.

Comment

i say yes, because when you're better skilled and talented over your opponent, you should and need to finish them within the distance of the fight. that shows you're dominant and don't waste anyones time playing it safe and carrying fighters.

i've already been impressed with bute, i used to not be, but he's grown better and has gained my respect for being legit and he gets the ko's when he's supposed to.

although, he still lost that first fight with andrade, bute im sure still has wright on his christmas card list.

Comment

Working...
          X