• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perro View Post
    .............. i didn't.
    nobody asked your biased ass

Comment

Watching all the HBO 24/7 episodes didn't help either. It was almost as if I got to know him. Watching Cotto get broken down like that was heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        I said this after the Mitchell-Tszyu fight. Every fighter thinks theyre going to win but there are still certain fights when you can tell that a guy is totally shocked by what happened. Mitchell was waiting a million years for that Tsyzu rematch and just knew that he would destroy Tszyu. Then by midway through the 1st you could see that Mitchell knew that Tszyu was the real deal and the fight isnt going to go any way like he had played it in his head all those million times.

The same goes for Cotto. Cotto use to be super cocky in the ring but Margarito took that from him. I could tell during this camp he got that back but in a good way like he was just super confident. He just knew that he was a too big & strong for Pac and on top of that, he even felt he was the better pure boxer so Pac had no chance. In that 1st round you could see that Cotto was super confident and the fight was going just how he played it out in his head all those million times. The 2nd round was tougher and he now saw why Pac was rated so high but he knew that was the best Pac would do all night an it wasnt special. In the 3rd he felt good and was boxing well but Pac dropped him. Some think he still won the round though so he started to respect Pac's overall skill but still felt that he just slipped up and he's clearly the better fighter. In the corner you could tell that he was having a conversation with himself like he had a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. The angel was saying that it was a lucky shot and you are still easily out boxing him besides that but the devil was saying that maybe this cat is foreal and Im still shocked that he dropped me like he has done so many others before crushing them.

Then the 4th came and Pac crushed him and you could see immediatly from that point on that his whole mindset changed. The fight is now going nothing like he planned, he's now realizing why Pac is #1 and for the 1st time ever since the fight was made, he's now thinking he may lose. After that it got worst & worst each round until all the fighting spirit was beaten out of him. It was sad to see the supposed bigger stronger man actually being the one on the move. It was extra sad because you could tell that he felt that was his only chance because every once in awhile he would come forward for one second, Pac would slip his shot, and counter with something hard, and then Cotto was on the move again. Its like he realized that if he fights at all Pac will get the best of him every time and hurt him. You could see the humbled, shocked, and embarrased look on his face. That was sad. He just looked like a defeated man starting from about the 4th-6th round on. He never ever envisoned that happening before the fight and he was 100% sure of a win after round 1 but after that things quickly changed.

I can tell you're good at telling people. The body language, the facial expression, and especially the eyes don't lie. Miguel can't believe he went down again in the 4th round, and was never the same again. I also thought he was waiting for his corner tell him that they're stopping the fight after the 8th, unfortunately, average Joe was clueless...

Comment

Cotto wasn't cocky but confident, very confident. Same as Pacquiao, they both have strong confidence on winning when entering that ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoetoe View Post
            i felt bad for all of pac's opponents since diaz. i like seeing pac score knockdowns against these "bigger" guys but there's also something unsettling seeing these opponents go down. this especially goes to cotto, who is a legit opponent who withstood 11 rounds of crushing blows from margarito (plaster or not). i mean imagine seeing this a year ago:

this just looks very wrong.

and i agree, everything changes once you enter the ring. cotto realized that manny was a serious threat after that second knockdown. he wasn't the same after that.
            I feel bad for Cotto. He's a decent guy, humble, warrior, very likable. It was sad to see him take that beating. At least he showed his warrior heart at the beginning of the fight.

I didn't feel bad for Oscar or Hatton. They talk too much ****.

Comment

Working...
            X