Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the toughest fight of Floyd Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the toughest fight of Floyd Mayweather's career?

What was the most physically tough fight of Floyd Mayweather's pro boxing career?

Right now I'm sipping on red Gatorade and munching on spicy Mexican Chex Mix while I watch Mayweather-Cotto in 1080p 60fps. This fight was a motherfu**** for my boy Money Mayweather. Cotto was beating his ass. Short ass hooks to the body and head and chopping jabs busting up Floyd's face. Mayweather showed the heart of a lion. Very good boxing match.

So, this raises the question: What was Mayweather's toughest fight? Vote and discuss, gentlemen.

Jose Luis Castillo
    46.94%
    Miguel Cotto
    12.24%
    Marcos Maidana
    22.45%
    Emanuel Augustus
    12.24%
    Oscar De La Hoya
    0.00%
    Someone else.
    6.12%
    Last edited by punchr; 05-25-2015, 03:40 AM.

If Floyd fought Castillo ten times (lightweight kingpin Castillo versus rising 130 kingpin Floyd Mayweather Jr), it would've been a rugged fight all ten times. Every other fight on that list, outside of Augustus, would've gotten easier, hypothetically, over time.

Jose Luis Castillo was the toughest fight, without much question in my opinion.

Comment

he said himself it was augustis i belive

Comment

LOL @ cotton being a hard fight,,smh cotto berely won 2 rounds and was on the verge of quitting,,did u see that vicious uppercut by floyd in the 121th round??

Comment

We saw what it was against Castillo without injuries ... We saw what it was against Maidana when he chose to purely box. We saw what it was with Agustus ... **** was tough... My vote is Agustus.

Comment

AUgustus was entertaining but maidana or castillo gave him his toughest fight both arguably beat him the first time they fought hence the rematc, cause mayweather himself didnt like the way the fight went and it didnt sit right with him.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
              We saw what it was against Castillo without injuries ... We saw what it was against Maidana when he chose to purely box. We saw what it was with Agustus ... **** was tough... My vote is Agustus.
              We saw what it was.

Comment

Hard to decide, i guess the fights that rough him up instead of trying to box with him. I'll go with Maidana I and Miguel Cotto. Cotto was a tough fight for Mayweather imo, if you disagree... think about it. First time in his career we saw Floyd Mayweather bleed eh? especially that bad with blood dripping out of his nose, usually he get cuts or lumps.
                Last edited by Quiksilva; 05-25-2015, 03:04 AM.

Comment

... Castillo 1, by far... But Floyd's right shoulder was badly injured, actually...

Comment

Need to distinguish btw physically the toughest versus closest imo, as they nwcessarily don't go hand in hand.

Physically the toughest? Have to go with Augustus, Maidana and perhaps Cotto then Castillo in that order.

Closest is Castillo despite the wide card, followed by Maidana 1, where score was prettt good. ODLH fight was not close at all despite the post fight narrative and official scorecard.

Comment

Working...
                    X