Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man when will GGG face a live body? His resume sucks for a "number one contender"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man when will GGG face a live body? His resume sucks for a "number one contender"

People have basically annointed GGG is the middleweight champion and or the best best middleweight and he has not proved it in the ring

He passes the eye test, but he isnt a prospect. He is a contender and you actually have to earn your ranking

Daniel Geale, Felix Sturm, and Sergio Martinez all have faced stiffer competition and beaten better fighters than GGG has.

He is a very good fighter and would love to see him fight Martinez for middleweight supremacy. Id Martinez shows his old form against Cotto and remains injury free, I would favor Martinez over GGG

Let me know when Sergio , Chavez and quillin step Up to fight him

Gaele already ducked ggg. That fight is most likely next. Now that gaele lost to barker he is open to fight ggg. Kirkland said he's not ready.

Comment

Oh and another thing, I would read your post and not just the title
      ..........but you got a red bar bro.

Comment

The better question is when will a live body at 160 step up and fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Daniel Geale, Felix Sturm, and Sergio Martinez all have faced stiffer competition and beaten better fighters than GGG has.
          Well you mentioned Geale so presumably you see him as a live body? that fight is reportedly next (MSG, July 26th).

Macklin is currently a top 5 MW and was considered Golovkin's first real test, some people have gone back on that now. I wonder if Geale loses whether he'll no longer be considered a test either.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 05-21-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

When the top fighters stop ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              Let me know when Sergio , Chavez and quillin step Up to fight him

Gaele already ducked ggg. That fight is most likely next. Now that gaele lost to barker he is open to fight ggg. Kirkland said he's not ready.
              For all the hype GGG is hella unproven at the world class level. He has defeated 2-3 world class guys and he is supposed to be some beast or avoided fighter? Tyson, Hearns, Julian Jackson, etc. all raked up kos and tko wins fighting scrubs, once they fought world class guys regularly the kos were less frequent

kirkland is better off at 154...Quillin and GGG are on the same level, contenders with trinkets

Sturm has the best or 2nd best resume of anyone ranked at 160

Martinez is the man until he loses

There are politics that go in to boxing but if GGG isnt getting the fights he wants at 160 he can move down or up like everyone else

Chavez should fight at 175 or 190 thats a money fight but not very meaningful consdiering cHAVEZ isnt even ranked in any weight class

Comment

you've got it the other way around. when will these so called fighters stop duckin golovkin?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Sturm has the best or 2nd best resume of anyone ranked at 160
                  You think Sturm beats Golovkin?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Oh and another thing, I would read your post and not just the title
                    ..........but you got a red bar bro.

whats this middle school? this is a boxing forum, not a popularity contest

I dont know or care to know how green k whatever it is works when it still doesnt hide the fact most on NSB....
                    DKSAB

Comment

Working...
                    X