No announcement yet.

Mares/Moreno/Rigo vs Nishioka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mares/Moreno/Rigo vs Nishioka

After a lackluster performance vs a 37 year old Marquez. Then taking a year off at the age of 36, does Nishioka beat any of these guys? Now I want someone neutral to answer this and then tell me Nishioka is the #1 122lber. I don't give a **** about what the RING says. There's new blood at 122 and they all beat this guy RIGHT NOW, before or after the Donaire performance.

There's a difference between being the best and the most proven. Nishioka is the most proven but he isn't the best.

The Nishioka that we just saw is a definite no. I but I swear the other day people were calling him the best 22 pounder in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
      The Nishioka that we just saw is a definite no. I but I swear the other day people were calling him the best 22 pounder in the world.
      What about the Nishioka you saw vs a SHOT Maquez? What if Nishioka was fighting any of those 3 guys tonight instead of Donaire? How the fk is this guy called the #1 122lber? He WAS but the new blood is in and he's BEEN on his way out. Once a fighter contemplates retirement you know he's done (he knows it) yet he was still being called the #1 122lber after a ****ty performance vs a shot fighter and taking a year off.

Most fighters don't even keep their rankings after being a year off.

Comment

This thread will be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
          This thread will be avoided.
          The truth always is.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            The truth always is.
            indeed it is!

Comment

Donaire is going to suffer from what Floyd did in the Mosley fight. Going in, Nishioka was thought of as the best SBW in the world and #1 guy in the division, though he looked less than stellar and pretty crappy tonight. Going in, people were calling for Floyd-Shane and saying that was THE FIGHT at the time, and Shane was coming off stopping Marg. Shane looke dless than stellar as Floyd routed him to a wide UD.

Nishioka was a good for Donaire, though seeing what we did tonight from him, it's Donaire's 3rd best win. A good win, not career defining though by any means.

Comment

i would have never said this but i was their at the fight and am now back from it. Nishioka just doesn't have it anymore. I saw when he entered the ring his expression was just different than usual. it really sucks for me to see my own country men lose like that. He will probably have one more match and then retire.

Comment

Rigondeaux and Mares stop him. Moreno UD's him.

Comment

Was Marquez past his prime? Yes. Was he "shot"? hell no, and Nishioka beat him soundly. There were competitive exchanges but the fight was never in doubt as to who was winning.

Comment

Working...
                    X