Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley reveals why he didn't take the Khan offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP: You a goof, listen to the radio show Bradley AND Shaw was on. Basically Bradley was crying that Shaw wasnt giving him any Billboards and "Rallies". Shaw came on and said he did the best he could and nobody else would get this deal from AMir Khan.

Bradley is a goof with no fans who got a close to 2m payday with PPV money and he ducked it.

But you haters keep hating

Comment

Shaw said Bradley could do whatever he wanted after the Khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        Before he came up with that excuse, he knew for months that the fight was targeted for July 23rd. Timmy was even saying the fight was going to happen on the 23rd. Weak excuse.
        yeah but when he realized he was gonna have to extend his contract with shaw he turned the fight down.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=483527

^^^ Read that thread and listen to PODCAST. Bradley is a *****. and so are his 20 twitter followers (probably his mom and dad) errr I mean his mom

Comment

A fight against Khan would have been Bradley's last fight with Shaw. He would be a free agent after that.

Shaw confirmed this and Bradley didn't deny it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
              Also I don't understand why people ***** about shaw so much, then applaud him for wanting to sign with the two biggest frauds and crooks in boxing with GBP and Top Rank. Fans are so fucking dumb these days.
              These frauds and crooks got Khan over a million when his only good win was Kotelnik at the time. As a fighter, anybody would choose that option. As a fan, obviously a person would applaud Shaw for always trying to put on big fights. I respect him for that and I always have.

But how is this thread so useless? If they agreed to give him a fight in June, then there's obviously a reason for it. There's obviously paperwork for it. In order to fight as a free agent, you must be a free agent. If you fight under contract, you're in contract. No paperwork can be signed by Bradley until July 1st. THEN he'd be able to take the fight under Shaw as a free agent. But then he has 22 days before the fight? Where's the sense in that? And even if Shaw changed his mind and allowed him to fight as a free agent if he signed now, that was after he declined the offer. It's far too late now.

And plus, why would a fighter out of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE go from calling someone out to ducking them? Why would he put that on himself? It's illogical. He's an intelligent man. That would make him a complete idiot or someone who really wants to be hated like Floyd. And if Schaefer's backing Bradley, there's a bigger picture.
              Last edited by BoxerDood; 06-02-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I'm sure its a combination of the Khan fight being outside contract AND the million dollar guarantee HBO promised him. It would be stupid to take this fight for numerous reasons; he'll get basically the same money to fight an easier fight in his next date, he'll got -some- sort of promotion if he's with TR, and he'll be in the Pacquiao sweepstakes for Manny's opponent in spring.

He really can't lose if he just cools his heels and waits for his contract to expire. Its not like he has any fans anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  LOL at Bradley not getting any promotion does he actually expect people to believe that?
                  Are you that ******ed?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                    These frauds and crooks got Khan over a million when his only good win was Kotelnik at the time.
                    Because like it or not Khan puts asses on seats and people tune in to watch him (whether that be fans or people hoping to see him get stretched)

Bradley can't even sell out a ballroom in his home town. While Khan can draw up to 20,000 in an arena.

He drew 10,000 against Salita, and that wasn't even in his home town.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                      OP: You a goof, listen to the radio show Bradley AND Shaw was on. Basically Bradley was crying that Shaw wasnt giving him any Billboards and "Rallies". Shaw came on and said he did the best he could and nobody else would get this deal from AMir Khan.

Bradley is a goof with no fans who got a close to 2m payday with PPV money and he ducked it.

But you haters keep hating
                      Haters keep hating? I'm a Khan fan too you fool lol and if he were to beat Bradley, I'd gladly move him up on my list because he's proven to me that's can beat a very skilled fighter.

And getting fighters big fights isn't the only part of promotion. If that were the case, Shaw would be the most popular promoter in the sport. Sure he got him the big deal for Khan, but I bet under Top Rank or Golden Boy with four belts on the line, the pot will get even bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X