No announcement yet.

Did Erik Morales Beat Marcos Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Erik Morales Beat Marcos Maidana?

Morales fought Maidana in 2011, 5 months after Maidana had just been soundly beaten by Khan. Morales was a huge underdog in that fight, people were saying he was too old and past his prime to survive Maidana but instead Morales put on a virtuoso performance, outboxing Maidana in many of the rounds.

The fight went to scorecards and Maidana was awarded a Majority Decision - two judges scored the fight for him while another judge had it as a draw. It was a close fight, Maidana definitely had his moments too although at times he looked overwhelmed by an old Morales who was fighting with only one good eye since his other eye was swollen and shut from round 3 onwards. I had that fight as a draw 114-114, 6 rounds a piece. Who do you have winning that one?
    Erik Morales
    32.35%
    Marcos Maidana
    51.47%
    Draw
    13.24%
    I didn't see the fight
    2.94%

No. **** No.

He did, however, remind us all what BAD MOTHER ****ER he is.

Viva Morales.

Comment

Morales thought he won, he doesn't even want a rematch.

Comment

All I saw was the results of both fighter's faces after the fight. Morales was swelled up and looking like the Elephant Man while Maidana seemed fine.

Comment

he was winning lost it in the championship rounds.

He showed us all how great he is.

Comment

Its quite comical how a shot Morales with ONE eye. Ill say it again ONE eye for 11 rounds decided to box and made Maidana look like a clue less bar brawler always swinging for the home run. He even hurt Maidana lol.

Point is that anyone who "boxes" Maidana just a bit and doesnt engage much makes him look bad. Kotelnik, Khan, Devon "squeal and punch" Alexander and Morales.

Oh well here comes the "then he had no Robert Garcia doe" excuse Right?

Comment

Maidana definitely won:

Maidana started off well closing Morales' eye early. In the middle rounds Morales showed some of his old qualities and won some rounds, in the last two rounds Maidana came in strong and won the fight (116-112 or 115-113 type fight). Maidana was the clear winner but Morales' showed incredible bravado to stay in the fight and make it competitive down to the final bell.

Comment

I had Maidana ahead by a couple of points,but Morales fought one hell of a fight, considering he went through most of the fight with one eye. It was probably his last hurrah.

Comment

I remember, going into this fight I thought Morales would take a hell of a beating and get stopped, in fact, he put on an almost vintage performance of guile, intelligence and ring craft. I had him winning by a round or 2 if I remember correctly. He even exchanged with the much bigger man on multiple occasions and honestly, he made Maidana look a little lost.

However, the Argentine won a lot of the latter rounds and a close score for him is understandable. I think this marked Morales' rebirth of sorts, considering you would go onto to take Garcia, currently the best light welter on the planet, to the wire. I actually think that was another fight Morales won.

Comment

Maidana won. Not pretty, not fancy, but look at Morales face. That's Maidana.

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    Its quite comical how a shot Morales with ONE eye. Ill say it again ONE eye for 11 rounds decided to box and made Maidana look like a clue less bar brawler always swinging for the home run. He even hurt Maidana lol.

Point is that anyone who "boxes" Maidana just a bit and doesnt engage much makes him look bad. Kotelnik, Khan, Devon "squeal and punch" Alexander and Morales.

Oh well here comes the "then he had no Robert Garcia doe" excuse Right?
                    Be nice and maybe Maidana will give Khan's soul back.

Comment

Working...
                    X