Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana's biggest victory is against Broner. (Does that really say much?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe biggest, but not best. Ortiz still holds that distinction.

Comment

This is a great victory, for the sport of boxing. I've seen so many so called experts, left and right, over the years always downplaying the "limited puncher". Maidana, is somewhat limited, but also proven and incredibly gritty.

Maidana is living proof that the so called "limited punchers" have their place. He was supposed to lose last night, but proved once again, that Will, determination, and punching power are also Skills.

Broner is talented, but he deserved to lose last night. The reason he deserved to lose has nothing about how he acts outside the ring for me, but in that he has not taken this sport seriously. He wanted everything handed to him on a silver platter, well he got that silver platter handed to him upside his head last night. The loss may be good for him, and if he keeps his sh|t together he should come back as a better, more focused fighter.

Comment

Yes it says plenty. Maidana was a 4 to 1 underdog and Broner was a highly regarded fighter. Not only did he upset the odds he beat the hell out of Broner. Now that he crushed Broner does Broner become a win of no value? Nobody ever beat Broner before. Broner would have been the betting favorite if he had been fighting Alexander or Khan instead of Maidana. Yes, Maidana lost to Khan and Alexander. That doesn't mean they own him for life. Those loses were a long time ago. Maidana has improved a lot since then while Khan and Alexander have gone down hill. If Maidana was to fight either Khan or Alexander next I would pick Maidana to knock either of them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
          Maidana is a B level WW at his absolute best. Losses to Amir Khan & Devon Alexander don't exactly make him stand out as unbeatable. In all honesty I think Amir Khan & Devon Alexander would both beat Broner too. Comparing Maidana to a great fighter like Manny P & saying he could beat a great fighter like Floyd is absurd.
          You picked Broner to whoop his azz. So if Chino is a b fighter at best, what does that make your hero?

Comment

I knew all along chino would win this is def not his biggest win but its made him a instant star because of all the people that wanted broners downfall it could of been me or you in there beatin on him last night and we'd be superstars lol

Comment

His biggest win was Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Yes it says plenty. Maidana was a 4 to 1 underdog and Broner was a highly regarded fighter. Not only did he upset the odds he beat the hell out of Broner. Now that he crushed Broner does Broner become a win of no value? Nobody ever beat Broner before. Broner would have been the betting favorite if he had been fighting Alexander or Khan instead of Maidana. Yes, Maidana lost to Khan and Alexander. That doesn't mean they own him for life. Those loses were a long time ago. Maidana has improved a lot since then while Khan and Alexander have gone down hill. If Maidana was to fight either Khan or Alexander next I would pick Maidana to knock either of them out.
                those 4 to 1 odds meant nothing to those who knew better, broner did nothing to get those odds so anyone who did they homework knew this fight was up in the air with chino having the edge due to facing tougher guys and broner never facing a hard hitter

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                  It's quite funny, Khan's wins against Judah, Malignaggi and Maidana are looking better as time goes on.
                  His lost to Peterson and Danny are looking good too.

Peterson had PED's and a ref, while Danny is a good fighter

Prescott although a very bad lost is a decent fighter. He nearly beat Alvarado

Comment

I couldn't stop laughing once I saw the guy who made this thread has Andre Turd in his avatar.

If Maidana sucks, what does that say about Andre Turd?

Comment

Working...
                    X