Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Morales: which fights would you recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
    I think it was simply a bitter rivalry where each guy genuinely disliked the other,it helped that both were badass too.Im sure they respected each other though
    Has Barerra ever said anything about Morales after thier trilogy?

Comment

Originally posted by IronMike* View Post
      It was his last great performance, although I do like the Diaz fight as well

I have not seen the Diaz fight might watch it one day soon.
      Thats a great fight, I still have a third left to watch.
      off topic: How do you think a Naseem vs Morales fight plays out?

Yeah, Jones maybe hit harder but had less of a chin and he got tired I guess. I think Morales would beat Hamed, but would have liked to see it for real. Might not play out the way I think it would.
      Might rewatch some of his fights again, thought Morales won the 2nd Barrera fight but lost the first one.

Comment

Has Barerra ever said anything about Morales after thier trilogy?
        Not that i know of,but ive never really heard Barrera talk too much if im honest,ive seen a few interviews and he has never mentioned morales

Comment

Thats only one persons opinion

How did you score morales/diaz? Despite clearly being past his best,i had him up by a few points
          It might not be true that Morales punched harder the Hamed. It's just what Mcculough said, he may have had his reasons for not telling the truth.

Might watch him fight Diaz today have not seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
            It might not be true that Morales punched harder the Hamed. It's just what Mcculough said, he may have had his reasons for not telling the truth.

Might watch him fight Diaz today have not seen it.
            I dont think Mcculough was not telling the truth,he believed that morales hit harder than hamed,but it was just his opinion,boxers say a lot of things afterall

Ye you should check morales/diaz out,it was a decent performance from morales considering

Comment

Not that i know of,but ive never really heard Barrera talk too much if im honest,ive seen a few interviews and he has never mentioned morales
              thanks for answering my question

Comment

thanks for answering my question
                Sorry i couldnt be of more help,im sure their is footage somewhere of barrera discussing morales,id be interested in seeing it

Comment

I dont think Mcculough was not telling the truth,he believed that morales hit harder than hamed,but it was just his opinion,boxers say a lot of things afterall

Ye you should check morales/diaz out,it was a decent performance from morales considering
                  Hamed did a lot of things in the fight that might have annoyed Mcculough like Hamed allways did. He may not have wanted to give Hamed credit when he was asked who hit harder. I don't know if Hamed knocked out people Morales could not or vice verca.

I would like to watch the Diaz fight before to long.

I think I remember the bad feelings bettween Morales and Barrera being about upper and lower class Mexicans if I remember right. I think Barrera may have come from a wealthy family compared to Morales. Could be wrong about that though.
                  Last edited by Holtol; 01-28-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
                    Hamed did a lot of things in the fight that might have annoyed Mcculough like Hamed allways did. He may not have wanted to give Hamed credit when he was asked who hit harder. I don't know if Hamed knocked out people Morales could not or vice verca.

I would like to watch the Diaz fight before to long.

I think I remember the bad feelings bettween Morales and Barrera being about upper and lower class Mexicans if I remember right. I think Barrera may have come from a wealthy family compared to Morales. Could be wrong about that though.
                    Ye thats true,hameds opponents always hated the guy and i can see why,they had a few common opponents but its difficult too compare punching power even then,so hard too say really

Oh that would make sense about the upper/lower class thing,thats something that would bring out a lot of emotion i can imagine

Comment

Ye thats true,hameds opponents always hated the guy and i can see why,they had a few common opponents but its difficult too compare punching power even then,so hard too say really

Oh that would make sense about the upper/lower class thing,thats something that would bring out a lot of emotion i can imagine
                      I can't remember it very well but I think Morales thought he was Mexico's boxer but Barrera was more popular.

Comment

Working...
                      X