Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever bought a PPV in Standard definition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

You can afford SD but not the $10 more for HD ?
    By the way, The Cameras are all the same....You either get the HD Signal or the SD Signal...

Comment

DON'T DO IT!!! I bought the Floyd vs Canelo PPV, it was my first time. I didn't think the quality difference could be so much. If I knew how crappy SD looks on a big HD screen I would have bought the HD PPV. Trust me put in the extra 10 bucks and get HD

Comment

Hmm, guess it wasn't true.

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
        His name is Jae'Qwan and were getting in the mix. He hasn't gone pro yet he already has haters. I should screencap this thread and send it to Haymon. They gotta see he already building a base. While we're getting paid and making moves yall just sitting here idolizing us. We're getting money and getting haters what are you doing with your life idiot?

Comment

I used to order SD when it was the norm, ever since HD has been available I have order it in HD. The fights just look and sound beautiful. Can no cheap stream or SD version compare. I love paying for PPV events because I know the quality I will get and it won't be delayed or unreliable or as ugly as streams. And no don't tell me you have HD streams, show me screenshots and then we'll talk. I have seen the so called screenshots of streams and they look washed up and just crap compared to a full 1080p flawless signal.

Comment

Originally posted by face untouched View Post
            I got jacked and I aint got no cash or come ups right now, but I aint gonna lie, I'm a REAL boxing fan and even though I aint into brawlers I'm gonna watch that freak show of losers next week.

I thought about inviting some of my peoples over but we only get together and throw a block party when Money fight. I know they aint gonna wanna watch these brawlers fighting like cage animals

Whats your experiance with standard definition is it worth the money? got any tips?
            Maybe you should learn from the brawlers and fight back when the bullies got you hanging over a toilet stealing your lunch money

Comment

Hell yeah. I've yet to buy an HD PPV yet. The TV my dad bought for the living room has no HD. He got gypped though, his fault. I told him when you go buy electronics, let me know. The TV was overpriced with no HDMI. I was showing him bigger TV's than what he bought, for cheaper and a more well known brand. He felt stupid.

Oh well, SD, HD, 4K, who cares, just watch the fight f-ing fight. You're talking about 1st-world problems now. PPV is a luxury to begin with.

Comment

i have a standard def tv. when i go out to bars or peoples houses who have HD, i don't notice any difference. i still score the fights the same way.

but to answer the question, yes. i have bought standard def ppv. the last bunch of ppv's i remember buying were mosley vargas 1&2, mayweather vs de la hoya, and mosley vs cotto...so standard was still probably the norm at the time.

Comment

Working...
                X