Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik Morales' HBO highlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those guys who fully earned the right to have the word 'great' always mentioned next to his name.

People talk about about safety first, and longevity, but that 12th round with Pacquiao will live forever. That's immortality you're looking at right there.

That's bigger than statues or mansions or fleets of cars. That's something that will testify to the greatness of Morales as long as anyone on this planet cares about boxing. That's what greatness is.

Comment

There was a moment where I thought Morales was going to stop Manny. I think around round 9 or 10 but Pac looked tired and Morales was putting it on him.

Pac is such a warrior and then came fighting back though. Both are absolute legends. I always recommend this fight when trying to get people into boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatling View Post
        There was a moment where I thought Morales was going to stop Manny. I think around round 9 or 10 but Pac looked tired and Morales was putting it on him.

Pac is such a warrior and then came fighting back though. Both are absolute legends. I always recommend this fight when trying to get people into boxing.
        I agree, mate. Green K

Comment

Originally posted by Nocaut29 View Post
          I agree, mate. Green K
          Returned. It's amazing how many hard fights they had, then to still put on this type of showing. I doubt we'll ever have guys like this again.

Comment

Roy Jones saying "I don't understand that" always cracks me up when Morales went southpaw in the 12th.

Honestly you think that 12th round of the first Pacquiao took a lot miles on the Morales odometer? The Raheem fight, Morales got out boxed by Raheem but then in the second Pacquiao he finally KO'ed and started his decline in the chin department.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
              Roy Jones saying "I don't understand that" always cracks me up when Morales went southpaw in the 12th.

Honestly you think that 12th round of the first Pacquiao took a lot miles on the Morales odometer? The Raheem fight, Morales got out boxed by Raheem but then in the second Pacquiao he finally KO'ed and started his decline in the chin department.
              You could see Morales' decline in the Chi and the first Espadas fights. Great fights but Morales didn't have the chin or the IQ he usually did

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                one of the last ATG's
                I notice garcia. i think he can be one if he stays on track

Comment

Working...
                X