Eddie Hearn: Eyes up Froch v Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hearn: Eyes up Froch v Golovkin

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Carl-F...ail/story.html

Promoter Eddie Hearn is still eyeing a mouth-watering contest between Carl Froch and WBA middleweight champion, Kazakh Gennady Golovkin.

But Froch, who was predictably named British Fighter of the Year at the annual British Boxing Board of Control awards night, still has the small matter of disposing of George Groves, in Manchester, next month.

Golovkin is a fearsome puncher with a record of 27 straight wins, 24 by way of knockout.

But Hearn said: "I think Carl Froch would fight Golovkin next. I don't think Golovkin is overly keen.

"That's what I've heard from various sources. I think it's a wonderful fight that's going to be PPV in the US and the UK."

GGG beats froch imo, maybe even by stoppage

Comment

Froch vs. Chavez Jr. is more likely, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Froch vs. Chavez Jr. is more likely, IMO.
        Not judging by Hearn's interview. Anyway, Golovkin by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          http://www.nottinghampost.com/Carl-F...ail/story.html

Promoter Eddie Hearn is still eyeing a mouth-watering contest between Carl Froch and WBA middleweight champion, Kazakh Gennady Golovkin.

But Froch, who was predictably named British Fighter of the Year at the annual British Boxing Board of Control awards night, still has the small matter of disposing of George Groves, in Manchester, next month.

Golovkin is a fearsome puncher with a record of 27 straight wins, 24 by way of knockout.

But Hearn said: "I think Carl Froch would fight Golovkin next. I don't think Golovkin is overly keen.

"That's what I've heard from various sources. I think it's a wonderful fight that's going to be PPV in the US and the UK."
          If Froch facing his mandatory opponent in Gorves is PPV the anything can pass as PPV.

Doubt we'll see Froch on regular Sky again.

Comment

How about Golovkin against the IBF champion you promote who is in the same division as him? Crazy idea i know.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
              If Froch facing his mandatory opponent in Gorves is PPV the anything can pass as PPV.

Doubt we'll see Froch on regular Sky again.
              Depends how it sells. If it doesn't sell well, we'll be treated to Kessler III.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                How about Golovkin against the IBF champion you promote who is in the same division as him? Crazy idea i know.
                It is a crazy idea from Hearn's perspective though innit? He wants to make some money off the strap, not just up and give it to Golovkin - I suspect not even Darren Barker thinks Darren Barker beats GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  It is a crazy idea from Hearn's perspective though innit? He wants to make some money off the strap, not just up and give it to Golovkin - I suspect not even Darren Barker thinks Darren Barker beats GGG.
                  He can't match them up. Barker is mandated to fight Sturm, then a potential rematch if he loses, then Geale's rematch clause.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 10-05-2013, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Froch is a horrible matchup for Golovkin imo

Have another look at Matthyse vs Garcia to see how a feared puncher goes against a bigger, stronger guy with durability and pretty good power himself.

Froch would wear GGG down and stop him, Golovkin is a little guy at 160, Froch is a huge 168lb'r, Golovkin will find himself forced back and manhandled, and punchers don't do well when bullied by bigger and stronger opponents, they are too used to being front runners
                    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 10-05-2013, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X