Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Hatton biggest draw in combat sports ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the last time floyd mayweather fought out of country? So there wouldn't be any need for any of his fans to catch a plane to another country, but I bet you he gets people from all over the united states to watch him fight.
    JS

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      Hatton could do 50k+ easy (and has done)

but none of these fighters mentioned would take 30k people to a foreign country to support him.
      His fans are more likely to travel but that doesn't mean he has the biggest fanbase. Mayweather and Pacquiao are bigger draws worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Attendance-wise, he's up there. But the Klitschko's sell 50-70k without breaking a sweat. Arthur Abraham, Mikkel Kessler are all pretty big ticket sellers in Germany, Denmark respectively. Chavez Jr, Canelo.

There's also Japanese boxers who sell a lot of tickets. Devon Alexander is a big ticket seller in St Louis.

Mayweather and Pacquiao sell out tickets pretty quick and they probably sell the most expensive tickets. You never see the revenue for these 50-70k tickets sold by the Klitschko's, that's cause they're probably cheap.
        Tickets start 60euro for nosebleeds....... thats euro, stop thinking that other countries economies are shiet..... Klitschko's are by far #1 draw in Boxing as to the # of people they can bring out against bums in DIFFIRENT COUNTRIES, look at Poland,Switzerland, Germany where they sold out to a huge crowd.....

but I guess $77USD for nosebleeds as cheapest tickets = cheap?

Your national bias is showing huge time, but I get it. According to you everyone outside of North America lives in a cave and they earn 10 cents a day

Comment

Hatton basically out done Floyd too on PPV.

His first USA PPV did 850k buys.. and 1.4 m in the UK

Comment

To be fair British PPVs are like $20 or so. But the fact he got so many buys at like 4am is amazing.

Comment

Yes, Ricky Hatton is God. He is the greatest thing to ever happen to boxing. OMG all hail Ricky Hatton. The saint of boxing.

Comment

I really think if Floyd fought in the UK he would do HUGE numbers. Bigger then what Hatton did here

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  I really think if Floyd fought in the UK he would do HUGE numbers. Bigger then what Hatton did here
                  Lmao.. are you from the UK? Because if you are you would know that is completely bogus.

The Hatton Mayweather PPV was £14 which converted to around $25 at the time (for other poster), how much was it in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    A big draw is not only how many fans come to see you. How about how many fans dish out $50 or 25 euro for your PPVs? Can Hatton-Senschenko be on SKY PPV and do at least 500k buys?
                    Haye-Harrison did 600k according to unofficial reports (Sky don't release official numbers and Haye - Valuev did around 800k)

The UK get behind their sportsmen as a whole a lot more than the U.S (maybe it's because it's so fragmented in the U.S?) Hatton's comeback on PPV vs. anyone will do fairly decent numbers

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      If Floyd was from the UK then I wouldn't be surprised if he did better numbers on Sky than he would on HBO. Sky basically has a monopoly on pretty much most sports.

But I guarantee he wouldn't do bigger numbers than Hatton right now as an American.

Comment

Working...
                      X