Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just booked a mini-vacation to Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a nice trip. I hope you post some thoughts on your trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      You might want to take the skylift up to the ski resort Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver. There's quite a view on the way up, if it's not too cloudy. You can rent skis or a snowboard up on top.

The skywall off Stanley Park is a nice place for a walk if it isn't raining.

Taking the Seabus (part of our public transit) over North Vancouver might be interesting. To the east of the entrance to the Seabus is the older part of Vancouver with many newly renovated old buildings from back in the days when it was a logging town.

I'm not much for eating in restaurants, so my opinion on that isn't worth much. But there are quite a few to choose from downtown, especially in the Robson/Burrard/West Georgia area.
      Took the bus up to North Vancouver to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. Very cool - the views were incredible, the forest was dense, clean and the trees were humongous, the bridge was pretty neat and the "skywalk" was also nice.

After Capilano shoot over to Stanley park and walked around and then took the trail (next to the roadway) all the way back into town. Hit the waterfront, downtown, Trees Organic (coffeeshop) and "Gastown." Vancouver is big city (compared to Boston), friendly people and very accessible as the public transportation is relatively easy to navigate and is very efficient.

I worked for one day and spent 1.5 days sighting seeing. I'd visit again in heart beat. My girlfriend was actually mad that I didn't take her.

Comment

Make sure you take pics and post 'em.

Comment

just got back from vegas this Monday. brings some thick clothes. we stayed at caesar's for a couple of days. i would very highly recommend "absinthe" if you're looking to watch something.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Where are you staying? When I went I stayed at the Treasure Island. Disappointingly NOT pirate themed throughout.
            Excalibur. Good central location, on the strip across from the MGM Grand. I found a good deal for a 4 night stay plus flight.
            Squealpiggy and Freedom sit down and talk for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Have a nice trip. I hope you post some thoughts on your trip.
              I just got back to Vancouver early this morning.

The weather in Las Vegas was disappointing, it was raining when I arrived on Friday night and on Saturday morning. I was surprised to see parts of the sidewalks on Las Vegas Boulevard flooded by noon on Saturday.

But the boxing event was very good. I watched the entire ten-fight card from 2:30 PM until Matthysse KOed Dallas about 9 PM. There were a lot of familiar faces at ringside, such as Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Alfredo Angulo, Ahmed Oner, David Haye, Adam Booth, George Groves, Joe Cortez, Al Bernstein, Paulie Malignaggi, Yuriokis Gamboa, and Oscar de la Hoya.

I especially enjoyed the Soto-Karass vs. Aydin fight.

Comment

The weather in Las Vegas was disappointing, it was raining when I arrived on Friday night and on Saturday morning. I was surprised to see parts of the sidewalks on Las Vegas Boulevard flooded by noon on Saturday.

But the boxing event was very good. I watched the entire ten-fight card from 2:30 PM until Matthysse KOed Dallas about 9 PM. There were a lot of familiar faces at ringside, such as Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Alfredo Angulo, Ahmed Oner, David Haye, Adam Booth, George Groves, Joe Cortez, Al Bernstein, Paulie Malignaggi, Yuriokis Gamboa, and Oscar de la Hoya.

how was the view,did you have good seats?

Comment

You see any of the national parks and scenic stuff??? The desert is a very liberating place, whatever state you're in that has desert.

Comment

did u talk to david haye?

I'm curious how that conversation went!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      You see any of the national parks and scenic stuff??? The desert is a very liberating place, whatever state you're in that has desert.
                      Yes, I went to the Desert Wildlife Refuge on Sunday, and to a park between Henderson and the Hoover Dam on Monday. I'd like to return sometime for a longer stay so I can spend more time exploring those places.

Comment

Working...
                      X