Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone Agree, Pernell Whitaker Is Greater Than Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Half of Chavez undefeated streak were no hopers, why should he get credit for that? Whitaker is clearly the greater fighter.
    Chavez fought a lot of no hopers, but also during his undefeated streak he beat over 15 quality opponents. no easy feat, and he does deserve credit for that.

but the thing that kind of seals it for Whitaker is that Whitaker too should have been undefeated, up till at least the first Rivera fight. I dont think theres any doubt that Whitaker should have beaten Ramirez and Chavez and just got terrible decisions. and Whitaker beat a huge amount of top competition during that period.

Whitaker didnt have as many title defenses at Lightweight as certain other lightweight champs, but if you analyze it pretty much every single title defense of his was over good or great competition.

Comment

The only fights Whitaker clearly lost, in my book, were Trinidad & Bojorquez, at the absolute finish line of his tattered career.

He at best was marginally out-pointed by a younger, fresher De La Hoya (I've usually had Whitaker losing by one point, or thereabouts), I thought he squeaked by Rivera first-time out, & he obviously won fights with Ramirez & Chavez going away.

Comment

Of course Whitaker is the greater fighter,anybody who says otherwise clearly has an agenda

Comment

Working...
        X