Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd is a Power Puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And malignaggi is a KO artist, Bradley hits like a truck....... in another lifetime

Comment

lol damn homie. I like Floyd but...............damn homie. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
        I remember the commentary during Floyd early professional fights (prior to winning his title) where the commentators referring to him as a devastating/hard puncher.
        He was fighting bums til genero, though the manfredy fight, Floyd did look like a power shot... That shot that dropped manfredy was a thing of beauty

Comment

Floyd is fast and accurate.. he is a lot of things.. But power puncher is not and has never been one of them.
          Hang your head in shame fan-boy-

Comment

I wouldn't call him a power puncher, but he's got underrated power. If he stepped on the gas more, he'd have more KO's on his record (I think he could've had Guerrero out of there by the 10th, JMM in that 2nd round, and Cotto in the 12th to name a few) but he doesn't like to take chances and leave an opening in his defense.

Comment

He was no power puncher as a 1 punch KO kinda fighter, but he had blazing fast clean shots or combos that would put a fighter down. Plus he didn't really have hand problems, Floyd wore them Reyes gloves back then.

Comment

He was a hard puncher at 130 obviously, 27-0 with 21 KOs is a punchers ratio. But from 135+ where he started facing guys who were 145-148 on fight night, while he weighed 135-137 that's when he could not get the KO anymore. Do the math he got 21KO's at 130 and look how many more he has now than what he had at 130, only like 5 more.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  He was a hard puncher at 130 obviously, 27-0 with 21 KOs is a punchers ratio. But from 135+ where he started facing guys who were 145-148 on fight night, while he weighed 135-137 that's when he could not get the KO anymore. Do the math he got 21KO's at 130 and look how many more he has now than what he had at 130, only like 5 more.
                  I was just about to post about this. Pacquiao is going through the same thing as he has moved up in weight.

The guy who started this thread may come off as a fan boy but he is right about "some" of the things he wrote.

Comment

Decent power, but not a devastating puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
                      I was just about to post about this. Pacquiao is going through the same thing as he has moved up in weight.

The guy who started this thread may come off as a fan boy but he is right about "some" of the things he wrote.
                      Yeah, knocking out Hernandez and Corrales by any fashion at 130 takes some power to do. Considering Hernandez was only knocked out by a much bigger prime DLH at a weight he didn't even belong in, and Corrales was only knocked out again legit at 135 against Castillo, the Casamayor stoppage was due to cuts. Jesus Chavez was knocked out in his prime only by Floyd. In Chavez vs Morales he did not get stopped in 12 rounds against a Morales that was more than capable to knock a guy out.

Comment

Working...
                      X