Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not Kovalev vs. Ward on the Cotto-Alvarez PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Ward only said he wanted to fight GGG in Oct because he knew GGG vs Lemieux was nearly done. He saw a chance to score points in his PR war with Loeffler/GGG and he took it.
    Ward has somehow turned himself into one of the most pathetic fighters in boxing, lol.

Comment

Ward wouldn't do it. I think Kovalev would.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Yes, Kov and Huck have a good chance to KO Ward. If Kov does KWTFO obviously no Huck/Ward.

As for GGG, if he could they'd be fighting at 168 in October. Instead we get LePew, excuse me, Lemeuix.
        There is no money in a GGG - Ward fight at this time. Golovkin would be a fool to pass up a unification fight for a Ward fight. He would make less money and it would not advance his main goal of unifying the MW titles. Following the Lemmy fight, a Lee fight would be preferable to a Ward fight and then the winner of Cotto - Canelo. Even fighting the loser would be a bigger draw than fighting Ward.

Ward is a non-entity until he has at least two more fights against QUALITY fighters, at least ranked in the top 10 if not SMW title holders. Ward needs GGG and Kovalev a hell of a lot more than they need Ward. In fact, there isn't a fighter in the sport who needs to fight Ward at this point in time. If Ward and Roc Nation had the slightest business sense, they would be looking for a decent opponent to get him on the Cotto - Canelo undercard. Instead, it will probably be 2016 before he gets back in the ring against another can at 172.

Comment

That fight would be a main event on a PPV that gets like 200-400K buys...

Ward should be on a co-feature though for HBO to get him back in the market. Maybe on the Bradley-Rios fight or Matthysse-Postol fight. Both are in Stubhub I think.

Kovalev is already booked for an HBO fight in Moscow in late November.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            That would make sense, wouldn't it?

Or will Princess Ward want to fight some super middleweight guy coming off two losses at a catch weight of 173 or something like that? (in Oakland, of course).
            Ward vs Kovalev and Ward vs Golovkin are fights that would be the main event of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
              Ward vs Kovalev and Ward vs Golovkin are fights that would be the main event of cards.
              But Princess Andrea can't draw flies because of her ugly, boring style.

Comment

Because they probably feel like that can headline it's own PPV

Ward gonna get a nice boost from being on the undercard....Kovalev....i dunno. ME need to do something because getting big fights isn't helping him

Comment

because they could do their own PPV

Comment

not in a million years.kovalev vs ward is a legitimate super fight its a main event all on its own on ppv most likely.I really think kovalev vs ward happens in the next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X