Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake LaMotta shadowboxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great too see but kind of sad when you take into account even at 89 he still looks better than Chavez Jr did in his recent training video.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
      I watched an interview with him recently and his mind is still very fresh.He has no issues with comprehency or memories.

The guy was a magnificient specimen.Don't make'em like that anymore.
      I had the pleasure of meeting him a few months ago.

I'll say that, what you're saying is sadly untrue.

He seems to sadly be on his way out.

Comment

I watched his interview the other day and I'm surprised of healthy and clear minded he is, despite all the punishment he took. He's much more articulate than my 80 year old relatives who never took a punch in their lives.

Comment

89 wow.......

Comment

Apparently an advertisement for some supplement? Kind of sad, hope he at least made a little bank.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I had the pleasure of meeting him a few months ago.

I'll say that, what you're saying is sadly untrue.

He seems to sadly be on his way out.
              Really?Interesting.

I was referring to this interview not to long ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7io6DscF3c

He also did a play in theatre recently:

http://theater.nytimes.com/2012/07/2...e-lamotta.html

I belive now with the passing of Jimmy Bivins he is the oldest HOFer alive.Might be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by VIPrice
                how did you happen to meet jake? mind if i ask what you chatted with him about?
                im not happy to hear that, in what way do you mean on his way out? like absent mindedness, slurred speech sort of thing?
                i hope to meet him before his times comes. hes one of my all time favourites, ive learned a lot from him and still continue to learn.
                He was in my local area doing a sit down dinner type of events.

It was great, to be in the presence of such a legend. To hear him tell stories about Ray Robinson and Marcel Cerdan and the likes.

But, he was looking terribely old, struggling to talk, walk, and concentrate. He struggled to eat his dinner and was really slurring his words.

He had to leave early because he was too tired and repeated his "I fought Sugar Ray so many times, It's a wonder I don't have diabetes" a few times on accident. Was funny though, after he said it again, he was like "Have I said that joke already?"

I tried to ask him about Bert Lytell and Holman Williams but I couldn't really get any answers. Still, was amazing getting to meet him.

But yeah, he looked awful. In all honesty.

Comment

He'd still spark Khan out.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    he's in great shape for a 90 year old office worker

for a 90 year old pugilist, who made a reputation for having one of the great chins of all time, he looks like a million bucks

don't pity him. that's what life does to you after 89 years. if i'm alive at 89 i'll be proud.
                    real talk man.

Comment

Originally posted by arcadeclassic
                      Why sad? He's 89. People age. The body fades. It's a fact of life. No use feeling sad about something that's as natural as drinking & ****ting. Just sayin'...
                      True, I guess I was looking at it all wrong. It is amazing to see he's never lost his fighting spirit.

Comment

Working...
                      X