Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinidad vs. Mosley: At 147 and 154lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane has an amazing chin, and in his youth, fantastic reflexes and speed coupled with some decent power. Tito had ko power in both hands, a relentless approach, and a willingness to always exchange.

I think Shane's lack of defence would be his downfall against Tito. The man always came forward, even when he was getting bombed out from Vernon. He still couldn't figure out to hold his hands up, and/or hold on/smother shots. Shane always believed his best defence was his offence and he never seemed to have a Plan B/C, etc...

By contrast, Oscar knew when to run, hold, spin, engage laterally with Tito. Can you see SSM employing any of these tactics? I can't. The man seemed to know one direction -forward.

And coming forward against Tito would be suicide. Shane might score an early knock down but eventually, he'd get ground down and then Tito's decapitating left hook would land and we would've seen Shane get KO'D.

Comment

This is a hard fight to analyze. Both men struggled with 'boxers' which neither guy truly was in this case. It'd be a hell of a fight, tactically a war of attrition. Gun to my head I'd probably pick Trinidad.

Comment

LOve shane but prime tito lights him up

Comment

Mosley, he actually beat Dela Hoya.

Comment

I think a lot of you are forgetting the difference in handspeed here. When two guys go to war the man with the faster hands has a big advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              I think a lot of you are forgetting the difference in handspeed here. When two guys go to war the man with the faster hands has a big advantage.
              Tito had long arms and was deceptively quick. And Mosley was there to be hit -- Vernon Forrest had mediocre hand speed and tagged him plenty. I have no doubts Tito would land.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                His only good win was against Oscar, and he was roiding for those fights. He admitted it himself.
                Mosley "admitted" it for the 2nd DLH fight in 2003, at 154.

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                He has more good losses than good wins at 147. Mosley was only dominant as a lightweight. He's one of the ATG lightweights.
                Mosley's oppositon was at best, decent.

He lacks the resume to be an ATG lightweight.

Beating DLH in 2000 at 147 is SO much better than anything he did at 135.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                He was supposed to get killed against Margarito, how was that not a good win? How was prime Collazo not a good win?
                For real, plasterito is mosley's 2nd best win at 147, and that was better than any of his 135 lb wins.

Mosley's best opponent at 135 was Philip Holiday for crying out loud.

Fighters like Leija and Molina were decent wins.

Golden Johnson
                Demetrio Ceballos
                Wilfredo Ruiz
                Eduardo Morales

This is not the work of an ATG lightweight. Mosley left the division before he could establish himself as an ATG there, he went to 147.

This isn't 168 or cruiserweight where a weak resume can get you high on the all-time list. Lightweight has a real long history to it with great fighters.
                Last edited by Awesome-O; 06-18-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

This is a fight that could have happened and if it had I can almost gaurentee a great fight! At 154 I have Trinidad all day, at 147 I give him the edge too but Mosley was a hell of a fighter (just watched back Shane vs ODH 1 this morn) at his best and would have gave Tito serious trouble and no doubt would have dropped him too

Comment

Working...
                  X