Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love Ruslan, but this fight proves...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Ruslan, but this fight proves...

What I believed earlier.

Trout beat Canelo of deserved a draw due to his better punch output and activity. Malinaggi also deserved a draw or win over Broner for the same thing.

Ruslan's one of my favorite fighters, but activity beat power punches tonight. I'm laughing at the people who said that Trout clearly lost, then go around and say that Algeiri clearly won.

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
    What I believed earlier.

Trout beat Canelo of deserved a draw due to his better punch output and activity. Malinaggi also deserved a draw or win over Broner for the same thing.

Ruslan's one of my favorite fighters, but activity beat power punches tonight. I'm laughing at the people who said that Trout clearly lost, then go around and say that Algeiri clearly won.
    I didn't watch the fight tonight because this was just worthless mando defense night and a waste of a Saturday FN but every fight is different and CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHING is what you're supposed to be basing scoring off of for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I didn't watch the fight tonight because this was just worthless mando defense night and a waste of a Saturday FN but every fight is different and CLEAN EFFECTIVE PUNCHING is what you're supposed to be basing scoring off of for the most part.
      ruslan and algieri were both landing clean punches, algieri just landed way ****ing more and they had way ****ing less power

people are saying he was throwing 'powder puff' shots, his shots snapped ruslans head back throughout the whole fight, they just didnt deconstruct his face like ruslan's did to algieri's eye

that's the only difference, if ruslan had even a slightly less amount of power, this wouldn't have been close

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        ruslan and algieri were both landing clean punches, algieri just landed way ****ing more and they had way ****ing less power

people are saying he was throwing 'powder puff' shots, his shots snapped ruslans head back throughout the whole fight, they just didnt deconstruct his face like ruslan's did to algieri's eye

that's the only difference, if ruslan had even a slightly less amount of power, this wouldn't have been close
        I can't comment on who won that fight but I am just saying harder punchers are favored and rightfully so in boxing.

Comment

joe calzaghe ruined boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I can't comment on who won that fight but I am just saying harder punchers are favored and rightfully so in boxing.
            It was a surprisingly good boxer vs puncher fight. You should watch it.

Comment

I thought Malinaggi beat Broner personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                It was a surprisingly good boxer vs puncher fight. You should watch it.
                Maybe, it wasn't a must see night of boxing tonight so I didn't bother.....especially with Andrade vs bum mando

Comment

pitty pat punches that don't land clean=outboxing

slick boxer survives fight=he wins/schooling

Comment

This fight proved that Provodnikov still doesn't use his jab on the way in, is too much of a head hunter and is also too clean of a fighter. I'm an advocate for dirtiness, just not excessive dirtiness of course but every time Algieri bended at the waist, Provodnikov should have hit him a few times behind the head. That stuff leaves you disoriented which will in turn shift the fight more towards your favor, he didn't do any of that.

Comment

Working...
                    X