An Ultra In-Depth Analysis: Felix Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Can you imagine tito in today's welter division

without a doubt he ruins broner, garcia, maidana, ortiz, thurman, bradley, jmm, manny, porter, alexander,,,,

only floyd would have a chance, and honestly i think tito would walk thru floyd, i dont think floyd has enough firepower like oscar did to keep tito at bay
    strongly agree on all points

Comment

Floyd wouldn't fight him. He'd move up or try that catchweight BS.

Comment

Best Thread ever Rockin' lol i gotta spread more karma or id hit u up for that!

Tito is one of my top favourites of all time, helluva a fighter

Comment

Can you imagine tito in today's welter division

without a doubt he ruins broner, garcia, maidana, ortiz, thurman, bradley, jmm, manny, porter, alexander,,,,

only floyd would have a chance, and honestly i think tito would walk thru floyd, i dont think floyd has enough firepower like oscar did to keep tito at bay
          Even though Trinidad would have a good chance against Floyd, I stlil think Floyd would outbox Trinidad more times than not. If De La Hoya's movement could cause him trouble then Floyd's footwork and speed would probably be a nightmare for Trinidad. Floyd would never let Trinidad get set. Of course Trinidad's power could be a great leveler but i'd definitely favour Mayweather in this fantasy match up. Manny would be interesting, I can imagine him moving like crazy and nullifying Tito but then Tito's power might just get there at some point and get the stoppage, that one is more 50/50 to me. I'm sure he'd beat the rest of the current welterweight division and in style.

For the lovers of resume Trinidad's career is a little thin I think although he did absolutely flatten almost everyone he fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
            Even though Trinidad would have a good chance against Floyd, I stlil think Floyd would outbox Trinidad more times than not. If De La Hoya's movement could cause him trouble then Floyd's footwork and speed would probably be a nightmare for Trinidad. Floyd would never let Trinidad get set. Of course Trinidad's power could be a great leveler but i'd definitely favour Mayweather in this fantasy match up. Manny would be interesting, I can imagine him moving like crazy and nullifying Tito but then Tito's power might just get there at some point and get the stoppage, that one is more 50/50 to me. I'm sure he'd beat the rest of the current welterweight division and in style.

For the lovers of resume Trinidad's career is a little thin I think although he did absolutely flatten almost everyone he fought.
            I dont think its thin,,, he cleared out welter, had a long reign and many title defenses, and then moved up to 154, fought to great young olympic undefeated champs, and ruined both their careers, then moved up to mw and destroyed the #2 champ joppy, came up short vs hopkins, cameback and pretty much ruined mayorga, then got undressed vs winky,,

I wish he hadnt taken so many years off like he did, he probably would have a better resume, but i dont think its thin.

wins over pernel, campos, blocker, camacho, oscar, vargas, ried, mayorga, joppy
            Thats a pretty good resume IMO

Comment

I dont think its thin,,, he cleared out welter, had a long reign and many title defenses, and then moved up to 154, fought to great young olympic undefeated champs, and ruined both their careers, then moved up to mw and destroyed the #2 champ joppy, came up short vs hopkins, cameback and pretty much ruined mayorga, then got undressed vs winky,,

I wish he hadnt taken so many years off like he did, he probably would have a better resume, but i dont think its thin.

wins over pernel, campos, blocker, camacho, oscar, vargas, ried, mayorga, joppy
              Thats a pretty good resume IMO
              I think it is perhaps thinner than other fighters rated as highly as him, particularly his welterweight run. When people reflect upon Trinidad it is usually as a welterweight but his welterweight run was not very impressive in terms of the quality of opponents he defeated although the manner he beat them most definitely was impressive. It is his junior middleweight and middleweight fights that add substantially to his resume. Even with them though it is perhaps a bit thin when compared to all the great fighters of the past.

As you said that is a pretty good resume but is it a great one?

I personally rate Trinidad very highly, maybe at most only about a dozen welterweights i'd pick to beat him more times than not.

Comment

@humean

Tito's resume is thin compared to ATGs

but i think its better than forrest, curry, cotto and on par with shane mosley, maybe even alittle better than shane's

Tito's run from 98-01 was an amazing string of fights

I dont consider him an ATG, but if he was, he is the bottom 5% of ATGs

Comment

Working...
                X