My favourite part of last night was Thompson screaming at the crowd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favourite part of last night was Thompson screaming at the crowd

That crowd of disgraces.

Now you know I enjoy my banter with the yanks, but I like to think I have some class, I would never boo the national anthem of any country, let alone the one of my American friends.

Those pasty faced, snaggle toothed malnourished, ugly scousers are the sort of people who make me ashamed to be British, those Jeremy Kyle rejects who saved up their dole money from having 6 kids to go and boo an honest pro like Thompson.

I don't know what the tiger was saying to them, but he was having the time of his life and so was I.

To the American People, allow me to apologize for those scousers, booing your anthem.

They are the "other" type English person, sadly they multiply faster than the decent englishmen and women since all they do is drink and procreate

I had my river on semi mute but they really boo'ed? I sit here and complain when they play the national anthems but I would never boo during one of them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      I had my river on semi mute but they really boo'ed? I sit here and complain when they play the national anthems but I would never boo during one of them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Yes they did the classless morons

Comment

No need apologize, no offense taken my Brit brother.

I can't stand it when fans do that, It seems like the lowest thing you can do at a sports contest. The fans booing the anthem at Mayweather-Hatton made me cheer to see Ricky get KOd, and I was going for Ricky in that fight. I just wanted those stupid fans shut up and disappointed after doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          That crowd of disgraces.

Now you know I enjoy my banter with the yanks, but I like to think I have some class, I would never boo the national anthem of any country, let alone the one of my American friends.

Those pasty faced, snaggle toothed malnourished, ugly scousers are the sort of people who make me ashamed to be British, those Jeremy Kyle rejects who saved up their dole money from having 6 kids to go and boo an honest pro like Thompson.

I don't know what the tiger was saying to them, but he was having the time of his life and so was I.

To the American People, allow me to apologize for those scousers, booing your anthem.

They are the "other" type English person, sadly they multiply faster than the decent englishmen and women since all they do is drink and procreate
          My man, you're a trip! One minute you're slamming America, the next you're apologizing for the booing of our national anthem. God bless you, you crazy bastard!

Comment

Why do they even bother with National anthems anyway?

As much as some people seem to think it is pro boxing is not a national sport, all anthems are also boring, long and the people singing it are more focused on trying to cram every note into the song than making it sound good.

But yeah Thomsons screaming was wicked. Even people who didnt like Price had written him off once he came in overweight.

Comment

British fans are disgrace. They always do that. But it was funny to see their "wtf just happened" faces

Comment

i agree. even if you are rooting against a certain fighter hes 50% of the entertainment you came to see, you wouldnt show up to see price shadowboxing.

you certainly have every right to root against someone but you need to show some appreciation or at least respect over the fact that hes in there putting on a show for you, making a lot of sacrifices, putting in a lot of work and taking a lot of risks to do so.

morons go "its his job, he gets paid to do it" and while thats true thats no reason to dissrespect him. just like you wouldnt dissrespect anyone else whos job is benefiting you in any way be it a clerk, a postman or a boxer. as long as they do their job show some respect and appreciation.

you wouldnt boo a theater cast who put on a great performance and nobody is throwing haymakers at their heads. thompson certainly put on a good performance, he did his job so show some appreciation for the entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  i agree. even if you are rooting against a certain fighter hes 50% of the entertainment you came to see, you wouldnt show up to see price shadowboxing.

you certainly have every right to root against someone but you need to show some appreciation or at least respect over the fact that hes in there putting on a show for you, making a lot of sacrifices, putting in a lot of work and taking a lot of risks to do so.

morons go "its his job, he gets paid to do it" and while thats true thats no reason to dissrespect him. just like you wouldnt dissrespect anyone else whos job is benefiting you in any way be it a clerk, a postman or a boxer. as long as they do their job show some respect and appreciation.

you wouldnt boo a theater cast who put on a great performance and nobody is throwing haymakers at their heads. thompson certainly put on a good performance, he did his job so show some appreciation for the entertainment.
                  he got some applause and some booing when he was announced the winner so he got a bit of respect after he won the fight

Pre-fight i'm all for doing whatever to try and intimidate the opponent and see if u can make him feel uncomfortable/put him of. its part of home advantage.

Comment

I think the reason people boo'ed Thompson is because of his excessive swearing and posturing, ok its a great win for him but i think that behaviour goes down better in Americaland (Broner,Mayweather etc) than in England.

Comment

Working...
                    X