No announcement yet.

Deontay 'Windmiller' Wilder can't take a punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_Jeffrey View Post
    Firtha also hurt Wilder with a jab in the first round.
    What was the result of that fight again? If I remember correctly, the mighty Fury was put on his ass by a cruiserweight, Wilder will murder him.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Too bad none of his opponents can take his punch either, lol. I saw footage where he almost dropped Haye in sparring with a weak punch and head gear on.
      Proof please?
      Last edited by LacedUp; 01-11-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

What was the result of that fight again? If I remember correctly, the mighty Fury was put on his ass by a cruiserweight, Wilder will murder him.
        You're comparing these bums to a former IBF Crusierweight champion?
        Someone who's wealth in skill and experience far outweigh that of Firtha?

Comment

TS is right. Though Wilder is an American fighter his punch resistance is 100% British.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

I know a glass chin when I see one - and he's got it for sure.
            Well yeah you would know a glass chin considering half your favorite fighters have them.

Comment

You know you're in trouble when you get KO'd with head gear on. that's one thing you can't fix in the pros, we've seen that already

Comment

A knockdown that Fury wasn't even troubled by. Straight back up, and nearly broke Cunningham's neck in stopping him. Big difference between a knockdown and getting rocked! Fury would eat Wilder alive.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
                  A knockdown that Fury wasn't even troubled by. Straight back up, and nearly broke Cunningham's neck in stopping him. Big difference between a knockdown and getting rocked! Fury would eat Wilder alive.
                  Comparing Firtha to a former Champion....hilarious

Comment

I can't find the video now, all I can find are biased videos of the sparring. Just read below and listen to Haye say it himself. In the video I saw, Haye caught Deontay with a solid right (I believed the biased version of this footage is in the first post in this thread) and Deontay later had Haye on the ropes and tagged him with an overhand right and Haye nearly fell face first onthe canvas. I can understand why that has been removed or the footage altered at this point in time.

Haye wouldn't lie and say he was getting tagged as well and that the footage had been altered if hadn't been, so you guys made a valiant effort but it's not the whole truth of matter.

Replace the******** with b_o_x_i_n_g_n_e_w_s24.com (remove the underlines)

http://www.************.com/2013/09/...arring-action/

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                      You're comparing these bums to a former IBF Crusierweight champion?
                      Someone who's wealth in skill and experience far outweigh that of Firtha?
                      You guys say Wilder can't take a punch right? Well the proof you guys are giving is a guy getting wobbled by a punch from a 230 pound guy and not going to the canvas but continuing on with the fight and winning by knockout.

Fury, a guy who is 6 ft-9 inches tall and weighing 230 himself or more, actually hit the deck by a man who is 6 ft 3 inches and has fought his entire career at 185 pounds. So if Wilder can't take a punch then neither can Fury, especially since Fury was the guy climbing up off the canvas. To further illustrate my point, Cunningham isn't a KO boxer to begin with, not at Cruiserweight and certainly not at HW. HE has a KO rating of like 38%.....I mean come on. I know firtha is a light puncher too but you see where I'm going with this.

Look, I understand you guys don't care for Wilder and think he is a bum or whatever but you can't sit there and tell me that being hit in the face by a man over 200 pounds and over 6 foot tall, regardless of what his pedigree is, is not going to do some degree of damage. I'd like you to take a flush punch from a pro boxer who meets that criteria that isn't ranked highly at all and then take a punch from a guy like Klitschko and come back to me and say that one knocked you down but the other one didn't.

I'm comparing the size of the men throwing the punch, not their pedigree, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X