Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez is DYING to fight the HUGE Chavez but is too small to fight Bute or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    If he's not getting the big fights at 154 and can't fight Julio, than just clean out 160.

Fight Lee, Quillin, Geale, Pirog, Golovkin. I'd like to see him fighting Bute or Ward at a CW of 164/165, Ward said he'd be more then willing to fight him at a CW.
    i agree. i wouldn't mind seeing ward/martinez at 164 but i don't think they'd do it, and when i mean 'they', i mean dibella. who else does he have? he's only going to risk martinez if it's a big money fight. yes bute and ward bring $$$ but not as much as mayweather, or maybe even cotto.
    but yeah, i'd rather see him try and unify 160. fight pirog or geale next, have lee/quillin on the undercard, winner of that fight gets you next. and then since golovkin is chasing sturm, golovkin could be a possibility once he beats sturm.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    How is that even a counter to what I said? Why can't Floyd/Manny fight him at weights where they have fought before?
    because since they did it, he needs to do it too, in order to prove himself. don't you know? you can't be as great as mayweather or pacquiao if you haven't won different titles in as many different divisions as them...

Comment

Martinez is new to MW
      he's talked about still fighting at JMW
      no need for him to jump up to SMW right now
      he's just stuck in a dead division at MW, JMW is better right now

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
        What sense does this make? Is he afraid of Ward & Butes boxing skill?
        There are some gross levels of incompetence.

Just plain dumb.

Why would you go after some no names "above" your weight class, when you can earn a bigger pay day against a guy in his own weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Yo Pac fan Marquez and Bradley aren't WW. Tell your guy to move up or doesn't that count for him anymore?
          of course, bradley is young lion he should move up to challenge bigger guy for bigger carreer payday. you dumbfuccts.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            Martinez is pathetic for calling out Mayweather & Pac. Who has he beat to deserve a fight? This guy has no fans and he won't even fight any guys in the division just north of him. He hasn't even beat the best MW

He is calling out Chavez but not Bute or Ward? I wonder why
            You make absolutely no sense. Zero. If you knew a mother fucking thing about boxing you would realize how fucking stupid you sound. Nothing about your post makes an ounce of sense. Go masturbate to Mayweather and Pac posters fag.

Comment

You were on a roll with good threads, but this one just made your stock plummet. How can you not comprehend why Martinez can't go up? He's fighting at his optimal weight range. He's already a small middleweight to begin with, going up more in weight would be detrimental to his career and over all effectiveness for his style that relies heavily on his speed and stamina to snipe his opponents all night.

It's the same reason why Chavez decides to go down so low, because he's a cash cow and he has an advantage after weigh in blowing up so damn much, but it apparently it works.

Comment

Stay at Middleweight and continue fighting top fighters there. He should try and unify the belts next. No one makes him more money at 154 other than Mayweather and Canelo. And those fights are not happening anytime soon. So stay at Middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by calamaro View Post
                  I´m pretty sure if ward can make 160 lb in the weigh in he would be a middleweight, and Sergio would fight him. So this have no sense. It´s even funny, ward want to fight a jr middle who owns the 160 belt but run scared of Bute who is the man in his own weight.
                  Bute is the man at 168?

His best career win is against a 43 year old who went into the fight coming off a loss and having lost 15 previous times in his career.

That is enough to become the man in a pretty stacked division? Nah not by a long shot.......

Comment

To me this argument doesn't hold much weight its not like Sergio moved up to 168 picked up a vacant title or beat a lesser champion there, then moved back down as soon as a real threat was on the horizon.

Sergio has never fought at 168, Mayweather and Pac have both won titles at 154 Sergio wants to fight them at or slightly under that weight.

Why is it ok for Pac to fight shot to **** Margarito at 150 and why is it ok for Mayweather to fight a battle worn Cotto and old Oscar at 154 but not a real threat like Sergio at the same weight?

Comment

Working...
                    X