Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosley better draw then margarito exposed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley better draw then margarito exposed!

Quit living in the year 2000 please. Mosley is not a factor anymore at 37 he's just wanting to make one last paycheck. His fight against mayorga was un-impressive to say the least and by the tone of his voice after the fight he himself knows it's time to hang em up. If shane thinks he deserves more or half of the money for a margarito fight, then shane needs to get off the steriods because it's making his head big. Lets see shane:

You just had your fight with mayorga moved from one date to another because HBO knew you couldnt compete with a card on showtime. Not only that they changed the card from ppv to free hbo because they knew it wouldn't sell. They figured this fight wouldn't sell in vegas so the best hope is to put the old guy in front of his home crowd in Los Angeles and draws a reported crowd of 5,000 fans and people there said it was about 3,500 Including Earner who covered the fight for boxingscene, and maxboxing. So in your hometown Mr. big name shane against a very exciting fighter in mayorga you bring 3,500 people to watch the fight. Yes the same mayorga that is a household name that people like to see fight. The same mayorga that brought over 500k ppv buys in each fight against dlh and tito. And yes shane the same mayorga that vargas was able to get a ppv date with and sell 300k ppv's!! yet only 3,500 come to watch mayorga fight YOU free on HBO???

Lets rewind to over a year ago when the lesser known Margarito faces a still relatively unknown paul williams who at the time NO ONE BUT hard core BOXING FANS KNEW WHO HE WAS and still is not a good sell. AT THE SAME VENUE MARGARITO BRINGS A RECORD 8,000+ FANS!!! How do you explain that? Now since that fight he's fought at madison square garden, Atlantic city, and The MGM Grand Capturing Two world Championships in the process and Knocking out the undefeated welterweight champion of the world in a fight that many say saved boxing that can be argued as the fight of the year and does 400k plus ppv's in a struggling economy.

and mosley is the better draw? "peeleft:
    Last edited by ANDROID_DOES; 11-20-2008, 02:04 PM.

more casual boxing fans know who mosley is. mosley fought oscar de la hoya and beat him twice. he may not be as good as he used to be but i bet you alot more people know mosley than margarito. not everyone who watches boxing keeps up with it like the people on these boards do. margarito is still kind of a new kid on the block to alot of casual fans. mosley is someone they recognize.

Comment

Thanks for bringing back the old Rogelio.

Comment

Did your friend on the inside text you those numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
          more casual boxing fans know who mosley is. mosley fought oscar de la hoya and beat him twice. he may not be as good as he used to be but i bet you alot more people know mosley than margarito. not everyone who watches boxing keeps up with it like the people on these boards do. margarito is still kind of a new kid on the block to alot of casual fans. mosley is someone they recognize.
          I guess you forgot to read my post??? facts, logic doesn't lie. Lets not turn this into biased opinions and focus on the reality of the situation. read the post again if you didnt' the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Did your friend on the inside text you those numbers?
            you're going to have to give me your points when the fight gets made. and these numbers are easily searchable and proven facts. Do some research if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by -ROGELIO- View Post
              you're going to have to give me your points when the fight gets made. and these numbers are easily searchable and proven facts. Do some research if you'd like.
              I'm just busting your balls a little, ROGE. But really, Margarito needs to stop acting like a prima donna. Guys are acting like 2 million is chump change. Who is he going to fight to get that kind of money before the Cotto rematch? Collazo?!? Clottey? Berto?

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
                If you mean by casual American fans, then yes. Don't underestimate the power of the Latino market in boxing. Seems to me the biggest PPV fights this year had a latino in it. That ought to tell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
                  If you mean by casual American fans, then yes. Don't underestimate the power of the Latino market in boxing. Seems to me the biggest PPV fights this year had a latino in it. That ought to tell you something.
                  Or two

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    I'm just busting your balls a little, ROGE. But really, Margarito needs to stop acting like a prima donna. Guys are acting like 2 million is chump change. Who is he going to fight to get that kind of money before the Cotto rematch? Collazo?!? Clottey? Berto?
                    accept a fight with mosley in where you know gbp and hbo are trying to play you for a fool or fight clottey in a unification fight while cotto wins the wba belt and head into the summer with another mega fight which happens to be a rematch between the two best ww's in where the winner comes out the wba, wbo, and ibf champion of the world and sits pretty on top of the ww division as the undisputed champion? margarito has busted his balls his whole career. he's been short changed plenty of times and has fought anyone and everyone on his climb to the top. he'd be a fool to make it this far and let gbp do what they do and short change you, now that you've made it. it's not a secret that mosley isn't a big name so for them to try to push margarito around is a joke what does shane have to offer??? NOTHING!!! beating him would turn into oh shane was old tired talk around here. Shane turned down a fight with margarito when shane actually mattered. Arum offered margarito to floyd, shane, and winky and margarito to get a shot with them was willing to take home the smaller piece of the pie just to get his shot at a big fight. he offered floyd 90/10 split! No way margarito is going to let himself get short changed anymore there's no reason for it anymore. It's a pride thing, i'd take less money in a different fight then get lowballed and get an unfair share by somebody and gbp are well known for beign the greedy guys they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X