No announcement yet.

Juan Carlos Gomez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Carlos Gomez

Seen some fights of him recently, did'nt know much about him earlier on...very talented fighter, i think he can beat the top 10 HW's he would beat Brock, Rahman, Maskaev and most Heavyweights...he had a bad night against yanqui diaz like wlad did against purrity, something was wrong that night, watch him he will win a title.

I think he's a psycho and a druggy.

ww

Comment

He's fighting in Turkey on the same card as the Sam vs McCall fight. Hopefully he can get some sort of elimination fight after this fight in Turkey. The problem with a guy like Gomez is the fact not many people will want to fight him. Lots of people don't realise how good he is.

Comment

i saw him vs sam and was impressed .. he deserves a shot

Comment

hes my fav heavyweight besides james toney

gomez is one of the greatest cruisers ever

he was talking bout break the rocks record n he
          loses same as valuev and holmes
          cant talk bout his record its like a madden curse

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
            The problem with a guy like Gomez is the fact not many people will want to fight him. Lots of people don't realise how good he is.
            the problem with Gomez is that he's a ***** - as far as fighters go. Whoever referred to him as a psycho and a druggie isn't that far off. Gomez has severe psychological issues. That will always stand in his way of making noise at heavyweight. Hell, if his trainer didn't beg him to continue fighting in the Dominguez rematch, his cruiserweight campaign would've been one and done.

Mucho talent, pero no corazon. JC Gomez in a nutshell.

Comment

I know he's had problems with motivation and has used drugs etc, but I've never read that he's a ''psycho'' or whatever. He's not the only guy in boxing who has problems, lots of fighters do and can still be successful. His problems didn't stop him making many defences of his title at cruiserweight, putting on a convincing performance against SSS, or stopping a guy who took Oleg Maskaev the distance. He took a second drug test after he failed the first one [after the McCall fight] and it came back negative, so who's to say he's not been motivated recently. Some people say these things because they don't want him to win anything it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                I know he's had problems with motivation and has used drugs etc, but I've never read that he's a ''psycho'' or whatever.
                Maybe I have my Cuban-born, Germany-based heavyweights mixed up. Wasn't he the one that accused his promoter of racism, and tampering with the drug tests after the McCall fight?

He's not the only guy in boxing who has problems, lots of fighters do and can still be successful.
                Right. He's just not one of them.

His problems didn't stop him making many defences of his title at cruiserweight, putting on a convincing performance against SSS, or stopping a guy who took Oleg Maskaev the distance.
                his cruiserweight reign was decent in quantity, not quality. seriously, who did he fight that jumps off of the map? Dominguez was the only decent fighter he faced, and really only obtained an off-brand version of the WBC title, at that.

He took a second drug test after he failed the first one [after the McCall fight] and it came back negative, so who's to say he's not been motivated recently.
                his level of competition says it all. seriously, he's gone from beating Sam to now facing one of his leftovers.

Some people say these things because they don't want him to win anything it seems.
                or... perhaps because they're true.

Comment

What I Understood Happened Was It Was Mcall That Tested Positive And The Tests Got Mixed Up ... Plus Mcall Has A History Of Drug Use

Comment

The second drug test came back negative, so perhaps he was right. If you're saying the man gets a fair crack of the whip then I'm sorry to say you're biased. All I ever hear is his loss to Diaz from people yet someone like Maskaev who has lost many times gets the benefit of the doubt time and again. Lots of people have just never liked this guy for one reason or another. He has indeed faced very poor competition, but I'm guessing he's only fighting guys who are put in from of him and has no say in the matter.

For a guy with his pedigree and talent, he just doesn't get the recognition he desveres, that's all I'm trying to get at. We can pick faults with anyone out there if we want, but with this fella it's all a one way street of bad comments except for one or two people. Don't you guys want a bit of variety in the division, or would you prefer 4 Eastern European champions all with the same style etc?
                    Last edited by paul750; 06-07-2007, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X