Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Staff Predictions: Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez-Josesito Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Staff Predictions: Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez-Josesito Lopez

Josesito Lopez isn’t ready for the clock to strike midnight on his Cinderella story just yet.

Then again, Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez might not allow him to have a say in the matter.

A perceived mismatch came about after Lopez upset plans earlier this year for an Alvarez-Victor Ortiz showdown after forcing Ortiz to retire in his corner due to a severely broken jaw after nine rounds. The hard-luck Californian hit the lottery with that fight – one he accepted on short notice – and now snatches a career-high payday against one of Mexico’s brightest young stars.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jake, after seeing the weigh in and seeing Lopez looking a bit like the Pillsbury doughboy, I only have one question for you... do you have any extra of what you're smoking?

Comment

Josesito does not have an granite chin, he can be hurt. But he's smart enough to clinch and get physical when he does hurt. I expect him to give Canelo more of a fight than anybody has up until this point. We will see how Canelo's stamina holds up, and if it doesn't, we're gonna see what he's really made of.

I predict a decision win for Canelo, which will have everybody looking at him sideways.

Comment

Usually when I pick with my heart I'm wrong but still want to say that in my heart I give it to Lopez but with my head I say Alvarez takes it . The last time I felt like the under dog would take it was Khan/Garcia but was reluctant because wasn't too sure. I say Lopez but an Alvarez win is not unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Josesito does not have an granite chin, he can be hurt. But he's smart enough to clinch and get physical when he does hurt. I expect him to give Canelo more of a fight than anybody has up until this point. We will see how Canelo's stamina holds up, and if it doesn't, we're gonna see what he's really made of.

I predict a decision win for Canelo, which will have everybody looking at him sideways.
          Yeah, I agreee, I bet it'll be a fun fight for a while, and I really like Josesito, but he really looked soft at the weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by ghidra View Post
            Yeah, I agreee, I bet it'll be a fun fight for a while, and I really like Josesito, but he really looked soft at the weigh in.
            But what are the disadvantages of him not dehydrating? People are saying he looks soft, but he would've looked soft regardless. He just isn't built that way.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 09-15-2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Basically what is going to happen is Josesito is going to try and bring the fight to Alvarez and make it a fire fight but I believe his power shots will be ineffective against the bigger fighter. Josesito is simply too small. Great speed but Alvarez will wear his ass down and pound him out. Come round 3 or 4 Alvarez will start taking over big time and stop Josesito in 5 or 6.

Comment

If anyone can pull off the upset it's Lopez. Canelo is the bigger man and should win but I wouldn't be surprised if Lopez get the upset victory.

Comment

Canelo is likely to finish it, I think he's too big for Lopez.

Lopez has heart though so I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to pull it off.

Comment

Working...
                  X