Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the negotiations, Who is the "A side"? Carl Froch or Chavez Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Chavez would be the A-Side whether the fight took place in the UK or US. Chavez is a world renowned name in the sport (mainly due to his father and that's part of the reason why he has a big Mexican following) and it would be smart to put the emphasis on that last name.

I'm still a Chavez fan, I just don't like how he did Arum. Just wrong.

Comment

Chavez in America, Froch in Limeyland.

Comment

carl froch alway. chavez jr is a punk lazy stoner junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          I think Chavez would be the A-Side whether the fight took place in the UK or US. Chavez is a world renowned name in the sport (mainly due to his father and that's part of the reason why he has a big Mexican following) and it would be smart to put the emphasis on that last name.

I'm still a Chavez fan, I just don't like how he did Arum. Just wrong.
          There's no way Chavez would be the "A-side" in the UK.

I mean even in Mexico people know he's mostly famous for being the other guy's son. No doubt he's a talking marketing tool, but by now its fairly obvious he isn't going to be like his dad and people have cooled down on him.

Comment

In the UK Froch is the A side, and in Vegas I think it's a 50/50 split down the middle.

Comment

Chavez jr is the A side against anyone not named Ward or hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                In the UK Froch is the A side, and in Vegas I think it's a 50/50 split down the middle.
                55-45 seems fair to me!

Comment

Originally posted by P4PLoser View Post
                  It depends, if the fight is in the UK, Froch is the A side. If its in Vegas, Chavez will be. Froch is not well known in the US whereas Chavez is a Household name
                  It's going to be Chavez, froch already said he wants Chavez in Vegas and would likely do anything he can to get that fight.

Comment

Since boxing caters to ignorant casuals, Chavez is the A-side.

Comment

Obviously Froch. It really shouldn't even be a discussion.

Comment

Working...
                      X