Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does working out on an empty stomach burn fat or muscle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it's good. up to 30min easy tempo running or for instance skipping 5x2min with 1min break.

interval training with weights or heavy bag twice/week + morning cardio twice/week should do the trick.

also don't eat wheat.. black or white.

Comment

The energy you burn comes from the glucose in the blood delivered to the muscles. When you start running low you convert fat back to glucose (it was sugar/carbs that got converted to fat) from wherever it's stored. The food in your stomach has to be broken down before it can be used...it's not immediately available as energy. It actually will require energy and work for your body to break it down and for this reason it's better to exercise on an empty stomach so that you will have max energy for your workout. In fact...if you had too much food in your stomach and you were doing high stress exercise your body will purge it so it won't have to break it down because it's too much work.

If you want to reduce body fat then consume less calories than you burn in a day and regardless always give yourself a few hours after eating to finish digesting before exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
        As long as there are very low carbs in his body when he runs then he will burn far more muscle than fat.
        No, fat burns before muscle.

Comment

what do u guys eat to recover

Comment

Some experts would say that the body will burn more fat if you exercise with empty stomach. Our body utilize glycogen as the energy source, if glycogen is depleted, then it will resort to burning fats to serve as fuel source during exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
              No, fat burns before muscle.
              My Bad. I meant he will burn far more fat than muscle

Comment

I always train on an empty stomach.

Starting to get leaaaaaan.

Comment

Working...
                X