No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali could be dead in days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Please bare with me if the words don't come out right.

I want Ali to go because it has to be really hard for someone as charismatic, flamboyant, and so many other words to describe him, to go from that to what he has become has to be hard on him. If it is his time lets pray he gets taken away peacefully.
    i completely agree it has to be torture for him to not be able to comment on so many things that are going on(ala obama) publicity.

Comment

Read this yesterday. His brother that said this hasn't seen him since July and is complaining that Ali's wife doesn't pay for him. Just a brother wanting his famous siblings money.

Comment

I cried when my father passed. That is the only death that rocked me. Ali passing would bring a tear to my eye. Love him.

Comment

Terrible news, if true. Though it's not hard to fathom it being true given Ali's somewhat public decline in recent years.

To me, and I'm sure to many others, Ali always seemed bigger than life itself. Whether I was watching video of him in his prime as a young boy or seeing him out in public over the years as a grown man. Even as we watched him grow frail and weary over the years there was always the chance that he would always do something to remind us all that he was still Ali. (I still remember smiling fondly at an elderly Ali taunting then President Bush.)

Even as I watched him decline over the past decade it never really occured to me that Ali was mortal just like the rest of us - He was just in a "weakened state". I know that seems silly to say but given the man's larger-than-life personality and public personna I'm certain many others had felt the same.

I'm not even sure what the point of my post is. I suppose it's my attempt to sum up the impalpable in words - A futile endeavor, for sure. But if you took the time to read this post hopefully it did some small amount of justice to the feeling we have in regards to our public heroes that is innate within all of us.

"The champ is here!"

And in some way he always will be.

Comment

I grew up with my father and brother watching Ali re-runs, talking about him. I fell in love with the magic. Then I started to read and watch and study all I could about him.

Comment

That got me into boxing - aged like 7. Fell in love with the whole sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                I remember thinking a little while ago how Ali has fought Parkinson's for so long. When the greatest passes away that will be one of the saddest days in boxing I can ever recall.
                Not boxing, when Ali dies it will be one of the biggest news in sports history. He's up there with Jordan, Ruth, Tyson in sports popularity.

Comment

Globally, bigger then all of those.

Comment

To me Ali's Parkinson's was especially tragic because of his eloquence and his passion for speech.

I never really thought Ali was JUST a trash talker, everything he said it seem to have real feeling and belief behind it. I know a lot of people believe that he 'acted the part' to sell fights.. I disagree. Sure he did say a lot of things to sell fights.. but when he called Terrell an 'Uncle Tom' and asked him 'Why you, why you of all people? you can feel the actual rage and pain in his voice. He was honestly perplexed why one of his brothers will insult him by calling him Clay.

Ali's view points can be offensive when you look back now, but we must all remember Ali lived in a time very different from ours and he went through one of the most horrendous Civil Rights struggles of any country. It might not be excusable but it is perfectly understandable why Ali said the things he did during that period of his country's history.

I remember watching 'Muhammad and Larry' and a reporter was asking a old black man why he betted on Ali despite him knowing Ali will lose the fight and the old man said 'because he gave me my dignity back'

Ali is bigger than any boxing star and any American sports star that country has ever produced. Comparing him to the likes of Tyson,Jordan, is a insult. Muhammad Ali is my role model, not because of his beliefs but because of the desire,will power, heart and soul that he poured into pursuing and defending those beliefs.

Comment

GOOD NEWS: Ali's daughter posted a nice pic of Muhammad watching the Super Bowl today...he actually looked MUCH better than when I saw him in Cancun in December....

Comment

Working...
                      X