Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Alvarado in talks to face Judah on September 15th undercard of Chavez/Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I agree..Would a belt be on the line??
    It would probably be a final eliminator for a shot at Peterson (assuming IBF doesn't decide to strip him).

Comment

I agree..Would a belt be on the line??
      Could be the case. Your boy Bradley will probably vacate his belt at 140 and Garcia will probably dump one of his belts too.

Comment

On a serious note tough fight for Judah, he will get his against Alvarado but the big question is does that deter Alvarado and if it doesn't is Judah capable of hanging on until the end and possibly edging it out.

It would be a good spot for Alvarado to really raise his name and he should probably be the favorite. Good opportunity for Judah also though.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          It would probably be a final eliminator for a shot at Peterson (assuming IBF doesn't decide to strip him).
          Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Could be the case. Your boy Bradley will probably vacate his belt at 140 and Garcia will probably dump one of his belts too.
          That sounds good too me..What the hell is up with Peterson..Man that guy is disappointing..

Comment

not going to get my hopes up

ok well maybe i'll get them up a bit

i dont think this will come off. very nice fight. great for an undercard. could be a boxing after dark main. if they stack undercards the hardcore fans will be more willing to forgo streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              On a serious note tough fight for Judah, he will get his against Alvarado but the big question is does that deter Alvarado and if it doesn't is Judah capable of hanging on until the end and possibly edging it out.

It would be a good spot for Alvarado to really raise his name and he should probably be the favorite. Good opportunity for Judah also though.
              The few "Judah Moments" thorughout his career overshadow the numerous fights where his will was tested and he stood tough, fought hard and showed a lot of heart.

People can bring up the Baldomir, Spinks and Khan fights where who knew what was going on in his mind. But he's also been in some wars with Cotto, Matthyse and Clottey where his will was tested and he answered.

Comment

Matthysse while he is a power puncher,he is not as busy as Alvarado...I think that's what loss Lucas the fight against Judah..I also don't think Alvarado has that problem..
                I remember saying that Maidana would be a very difficult fight for Judah, and it would prove to us if he's actually a changed fighter. Well...I'm starting to think that Alvarado would provide an even tougher challenge. THIS is the fight that will tell us what Zab has left.

Comment

Oh boy...Super Bum Judah on a under Card...exciting!

Comment

This is a solid fight. I got alvarado by stoppage late. So it looks like both golden boy and top rank are stacking their cards. This is absolutely ******ed that these fights are taking place on the same night. Only the sport of boxing would do something this stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                      Judah turned down Marquez because of money, I can't see him taking on Alvarado now on the undercard. Ain't gonna happen.
                      I thought it was Marquez who turned down the fight?

Nonetheless, Top Rank is going hard for Chavez-Martinez, it doesn't surprise me that this type of fight is in the works. I wonder if it actually happens tho, would be tight

Comment

Working...
                      X