Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou Savarese

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was an average fighter, yet an interesting fight would be with him and Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      That fight was far from a robbery. And to be honest I don't remember a lot of people thinking it was.
      You're right, it wasn't. Axel Schulz was robbed against Foreman, but Savarese wasn't. Even Alex Stewart had a better claim than Savarese did.

Savarese was a mediocre fringe contender. He did everything ok, but nothing that well. I saw the Douglas fight and Buster looked absolutely pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Canzoneri View Post
        Well it was shortly before the Savarese fight.

http://news.google.co.uk/newspapers?...+douglas&hl=en

After Roy declined, Buster then fought Lou and we seen what happened. My point is, if Buster was that much of a non threat like you said, why did Roy decline, when there was a career high $6 million payday on the table?

Roy was too small for Douglas. Enough that it could have been dangerous for Jones. Roy talked about fighting Corrie Sanders but wisely passed on that one too. Savarese was a pretty big heavyweight, while Jones was a smallish lightheavy. I don't see any relevance here.

Comment

LOL Think about it, if Savarese was in his prime today he's be a top heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            LOL Think about it, if Savarese was in his prime today he's be a top heavyweight.

I can quickly think of 5 or 6 current heavyweights who would easily handle Savarese. Vitali, Wladimir, Haye, Povetkin, Adamek, and Chambers just for openers.

Comment

Originally posted by Canzoneri View Post
              What do you think of him? I know most will remember him only 4 the Tyson fight, but he was actually half decent.

He stopped Buster Mathis Jr in 7. Alot feel he was robbed against Foreman in 97. He KO'd James Buster Douglas in 1 round, who was on a 6 fight win streak. (Roy Jones Jr dad told his son in 96 not to fight the comebacking Douglas).

Savarese also beat 18-0 Lance Whitaker, Whitaker was being highly touted going into the bout. Lou also stopped a ageing Tim Witherspoon in 5.

Am not saying Savarese was anything great, but I don't think he was as bad as made out to be.
              i seen him get massacred in less than a minute 10yrs ago on a rainy night in Glasgow by Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                No he wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                X