No announcement yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct me if I'm wrong...

...but aren't Reyes gloves a lot thinner than the traditional 8-10oz gloves Floyd and Mosley usually use, and don't they hurt more? When I was younger, I recall my sparring partners complaining about those gloves, saying they felt every shot. I ask this question because Floyd took some hard shots from a 154lb (probaby between 160 and 170 on fight night) Oscar De La Hoya without stumbling or showing any signs of a weak chin. He never seemed hurt in that fight. If anything I think it shows that he has a solid chin. So will Mosley's punching power be much different from that? I'd actually picture him being weaker than the 34 year old DLH Floyd fought, especially after seeing De La Hoya KO Mayorga in 6 rounds months before that...okay maybe not weaker but similar.
    Last edited by BoxerDood; 02-12-2010, 04:52 PM.

Reyes gloves are known as "punchers gloves", it provides less protection to your hands so yes there is more raw impact. Floyd uses other gloves that protect his hands more- more padding = more cushion.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      ...but aren't Reyes gloves a lot thinner than the traditional 8-10oz gloves Floyd and Mosley usually use, and don't they hurt more? When I was younger, I recall my sparring partners complaining about those gloves, saying they felt every shot. I ask this question because Floyd took some hard shots from a 154lb (probaby between 160 and 170 on fight night) Oscar De La Hoya without stumbling or showing any signs of a weak chin. He never seemed hurt in that fight. If anything I think it shows that he has a solid chin. So will Mosley's punching power be much different from that? I'd actually picture him being weaker than the 34 year old DLH Floyd fought, especially after seeing De La Hoya KO Mayorga in 6 rounds months before that...okay maybe not weaker but similar.
      dlh fades late. floyd didn't brawl with oscar until round 12 when dlh was already gassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        dlh fades late. floyd didn't brawl with oscar until round 12 when dlh was already gassed.
        yea for 3 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
          not a lot thinner but yes thinner in the knuckle area because they use a combination of horsehaird and foam we have a glove like that now as well and you can tell the difference right off the bat

Mosley has been using the Reyes for a few fights now although he may switch to our MX glove for May 1st

Mayweather uses Grants because of the high density foam they have in their gloves and they customer color for him

Comment

Working...
          X