Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner also looks very strong in the clinch...Another thing to add to his already extensive arsenal..It's going to be very hard to hit Broner clean if he continues to be this physically strong in the higher weight classes...

Comment

The thing that genuinlery impressed me is the way that Adrien beat the stuffing out of a midget.

It was also impressive how Broner only took a couple of rounds to figure out that he had to punch DOWN because there was nothing in front of him at shoulder level because he was beating up

wait for it

you guessed it

a midget!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I don't think it was as much his adjustments as the fact that his power kicked in in the 3rd. He seemed to not expect Rees to fight the way he did, once Broner snapped to attention and started throwing, Rees couldn't take it. Its not like Rees stopped landing punches, Broner just threw and landed more than the first two rounds.
        the punch that hurts you is the punch you dont see. you act as if he held back for no reason and turned it up at random, he turned it up because he had figured rees out. after studying him for two rounds he knew how to land the punch rees didnt see and thats when he started putting malice intent on his shots.

but had rees seen the shots they wouldnt have done much damage, so its the adjustment to step back and catch rees with the counter hook when he leans in that made the difference. when rees got low to avoid the hook he made the adjustment to bang that drum around the sides which set up the punches from underneath.

rees didnt see the punches coming which is what caused the damage at which point broner followed up throwing power punches from multiple angles which ultimately overwhelmed him. but without the proper adjustments and punch selection those shots wouldnt be there and power would be irrelevant.
        Last edited by #1Assassin; 02-17-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Broner also looks very strong in the clinch...Another thing to add to his already extensive arsenal..It's going to be very hard to hit Broner clean if he continues to be this physically strong in the higher weight classes...
          Very impressive observation!

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            the punch that hurts you is the punch you dont see. you act as if he held back for no reason and turned it up at random, he turned it up because he had figured rees out. after studying him for two rounds he knew how to land the punch rees didnt see and thats when he started putting malice intent on his shots.

but had rees seen the shots they wouldnt have done much damage, so its the adjustment to step back and catch rees with the counter hook when he leans in that made the difference. when rees got low to avoid the hook he made the adjustment to bang that drum around the sides which set up the punches from underneath.

rees didnt see the punches coming which is what caused the damage at which point broner followed up throwing power punches from multiple angles which ultimately overwhelmed him. but without the proper adjustments and punch selection those shots wouldnt be there and power would be irrelevant.
            I didn't say he held back and turned it up for no reason. I said nothing close to that.

Broner is a hard, hard hitter. Its what is winning him fights, more than anything else. Guys crumble beneath his shots. Last night was the same.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I didn't say he held back and turned it up for no reason. I said nothing close to that.

Broner is a hard, hard hitter. Its what is winning him fights, more than anything else. Guys crumble beneath his shots. Last night was the same.
              I just wonder if that will hold up against bigger fighters..IMO Broner looks ready to move up right now,I'd be happy if he gave Vasquez a shot..But I'm really interested in seeing how he handles bigger fighters,or fighters who are his same size..
              Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 02-17-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

"Shortboa"

if the shoe fits...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Rees caught him clean plenty of times, there was just no power behind those punches. If someone with Rees's handspeed or faster handspeed, but more power, tags Broner that much, he'd be in trouble

Comment

I was not impressed with the performance BTW, I was more impressed with Rees. The stoppage sucked, but it was a European trainer, those guys and their refs are known to stop fights too early. I also didn't like how Broner looked in the first two rounds and how much he got caught after that. I don't care if he didn't feel the punches. I felt disappointed last night, despite thinking Rees would last 12 rounds. I thought it would be a 12 round beating and a great performance. That was not a great performance, it was decent at best.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      No hovering sucka hop in the thread...

Was his ability to adjust. In the first two rounds he fought Rees in the middle of the ring. He blocked, parried, and rolled most of the shots but a few landed during their various exchanges. However in the third round he ADJUSTED by doing something that seems pretty simple but took a high ring IQ and a calm head to do....he took one step back. Now Rees (who's handspeed was pretty damn good I must say) who was able to punch WITH Adrien and throw combinatons to land some of his own shots in the first two rounds, had to reach to land anything. Once he reached he got hit with hard counters. Once he got his with hard counters he could no longer throw combintions. Once he was no longer able to throw combinations he was broken down by Adrien's power and drowned. Watch from the 2nd to the start of the 3rd and you will see exactly what I mean. Masterful stuff.

Rees just tired out, nothing more. Broner pulled out the shoeshine in the fourth when he backed dude into the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                      X